67.

The day had finally come for them to move into their new house. Derek and Meredith had driven over to the land countless times during the construction and at some points it felt like it was never going to be done. There were delays because of weather and times when they couldn't meet with the contractor because of work and now they were finally moving in.

The moving trucks had come and gone, unloading all of the heavy furniture, the sofas and their beds and their new dining room table and all that was left was to take the rest of the boxes and small pieces of furniture from the other truck that they had rented.

Derek grabbed one of the side tables for their living room, almost dropping it as he turned around and walked up the front steps and into the front door. It wasn't too hot outside but he was drenched in sweat from moving, groaning as he noticed in the corner of his eye Emma pulling pillows out of a box in the corner of the foyer. He continued walking through the house, into the living room where the piece of furniture belonged, only to see his seven month pregnant wife with a box in her arms and a lollipop stick hanging out of her mouth as she tried to move the box onto the table.

Derek put the end table down next to the new sofa, before rushing over to his wife, and taking the box from her hands. "What...the hell are you doing?"

"Unpacking."

"Unpacking is not carrying boxes." He said, putting the box labeled family photos back down on the floor.

"But...." Meredith watched as he opened the box and began removing the contents onto a side table.

"But nothing..." Derek sighed, worried that she would hurt herself.

"Derek it's not that heavy." Meredith replied, as Emma came into the room, pulling a long pillow behind her.

"I know I just...I don't need you getting hurt."

"I'm fine."

"Da help!"

"Emma...leave that please."

"No Da...help!" Emma put both hands on the end of the pillow, tryign to pull it.

"I...Okay." Derek said, putting a picture back in the box before picking up the large pillow and putting it on the sofa.

"Tay you Da!" Emma giggled, before trying to pull her small body up onto the tan couch.

"Your welcome." He sighed, turning around as Meredith tried to move the other side table to the other side of the sofa. "Are you...Seriously?"

"I don't like it over there."

"Then tell me and I'll move it."

"You were helping Emma..." Meredith replied, as their daughter stood on the couch.

"Be careful Em." Derek warned.

"No Da." Emma stood, leaning into the back cushions of the new sofa as she lifted her top over her belly.

"I'm going to lose my mind." He sighed.

"Why?" She asked, lifting the new fireplace fence.

"Because...you're lifting things...Emma's going to fall and hit her head...and nothing is unpacked."

"I'm unpacking things!" Meredith said, as they heard a crash and found Emma had thrown the remote on the wood floors.

"Emma..." Derek groaned, turning around as she looked up at him giggling. "Sit please, Noodle."

"No Da." Emma grinned, pulling her pigtails out.

'Please."

"No." Emma pushed a cushion off of the sofa.