27.

Derek knew Meredith was nervous. She had told him a few times over the last couple of days. But he didn't know that she was this nervous. She had met his mother before. Once in New York before Emma, and when she had come for Emma's party. Except Meredith seemed like she was meeting his mother for the first time as she sat on the sofa making lists of all the things she had to do before his mother got there the next morning.

"Cookie?" Derek offered, his mouth full as he sat down on the sofa next to Meredith. Emma was already asleep upstairs.

"Do you think I should put Emma's blue dress with the white blouse in the wash? Or should she wear the Polo pants and halter that Susan bought for her the other day?" Meredith put the tip of the pen in her mouth.

"Either one."

"Maybe the paisley dress....or is that to plain?"

"My mom doesn't care what Emma's wearing." Derek chuckled.

"Too plain." Meredith scrunched her nose, looking back down at the long list she was making. "I already put away all of my school stuff for summer...."

"Mer...Relax." Derek whispered, massaging her shoulders.

"Did you make sure there wasn't any food in Emma's hair when you finished her bath?"

"Mmm hmm...."

"I'll give her another bath in the morning."

"Mer...She's fine." Derek whispered, taking the list from her hands and tossing it on the coffee table before starting to kiss her neck.

"Should I curl my hair tomorrow or just let it look crappy?"

"You never look crappy."

"I know...I was watching...very hot..."

"Derek...." Meredith pulled away from him, as she reached for her list again.

"What?" He laughed.

"I'm trying not to look like the worst person ever when your mother comes tomorrow."

"She loves you."

"Loved...past tense." Meredith groaned, as he pushed her back.

"She still loves you." Derek rolled his eyes, his hand playing with the hem of her t-shirt.

"Until she had to wait a year to meet Emma."

"Just...relax."

"Easy for you to say." She rolled her eyes, ignoring the shiver he sent down her spine.

"You're the mother of her grandchild...she automatically likes you."

"Still...."

"Shh..." He whispered, kissing along the waistline of her jeans.

"Der..." Meredith giggled, trying to pull away, stopping as he unbuttoned the top of her jeans, licking above her panties.

"What?" He whispered, nipping at her skin.

"I...a lot to do."

"I know..."

"Maybe I should...."

"Hmm?"

"Do the dirty...."

"I agree." He smirked, kissing her deeply.

"I meant laundry." Meredith put her finger to his lips.

"I didn't."

"I didn't."