5.

"Emma....bed....please." Meredith groaned, trying for what seemed like the millionth time tonight to get her eleven month old into bed. It wasn't like Emma was in a bad mood and she wasn't fussy because she was tired. She was fighting bed because she was in such a good mood and wanted nothing more then to play. Some nights it just seemed like she would rather play and be the happy baby instead of go to bed for her Mommy. It was times like this where Meredith wished she had more help, it was these times when she felt guilty. She was guilty.

After today, Meredith felt like the scum of the earth. Over months, Lexie and her family had encouraged her to call Derek. They had offered to help her tell him from the day she found out to even the day Emma Carolyn Grey. Instead, Meredith had fought them and insisted that Derek wouldn't want to know when she knew deep down that was a lie. A big lie and today at the mall, she felt more like scum then someone who had down him a favor. Maybe it had been the hormones, but Meredith had convinced herself she needed to hide Emma until today.

Today had been hell when he had looked at her with the pain and frozen look he had. Today she had seen just how bad she had hurt him and today that pain, made her scum. She gave up on getting Emma to bed and lifted the baby, just as she had heard a knock at the door. It was probably her neighbor who had wanted to drop off more baby clothes, she loved when her neighbor gave her what her daughter had grown out of. She quickly walked to the door, opening it to find him. He was standing there, his dark and curly hair was wet hair. "Derek

"She's my daughter, isn't she?" Derek said.

"Um...." She froze, her chest pounding as Emma looked at him dearly. "I ..."

"Meredith...tell me the truth."

"You don't actually know that." Meredith whispered, as Emma said hello to Derek. The baby was saying hello to the man who wasn't stupid, the man who could figure this out just by looking at her. It was probably like looking at himself.

"She looks like me." He whispered.

"Derek...."

"How old is she?"

"Derek." Meredith repeated as she looked at Emma, who was looking at him intently. "You can't just...."

"How old is she?" Derek almost yelled.

"She's eleven months." Meredith said quietly. She deserved this after what she had done. She was scum and she deserved to be destroyed.

"Damnit..." Derek muttered, running his hands through his wet hair. "She's mine..."

"She's yours." Meredith admitted, not holding it back. It wasn't a secret any longer.

"Eleven months."

"Yeah."

"Eleven months and you didn't tell me."

"You were gone." Meredith whispered, as he walked into the apartment without even asking for her permission.

"That doesn't mean I didn't deserve to know I have a child!"

"Okay..." Meredith groaned, as Emma broke into tears at him raising his voice. The strange man who looked like her other half was now yelling, startling his daughter.

"She's mine."

"Yeah she is." She admitted again, a hand moving protectively over Emma's back.

"Okay." He sighed, looking at his daughter. The daughter he didn't know he had until today.

"Derek..."