36.

"Emma keep your hat on." Meredith Grey laughed as she fixed the cute little sun hate she had found in the mix of things Emma had. The baby's sunblock was on, Meredith's swim suit still fit and Derek was trying to blow up floaties he had bought this morning. "Emma..."

"Ba." Emma smiled, pulling at the hat.

"Emma...you have to keep it on." Derek rolled his eyes, finally finishing blowing up the floaties.

"Ba."

"Do you realize thats the only word she's said today?" Derek looked up at Meredith.

"Yeah." Meredith giggled, carrying the baby on her hip as they walked to the pool in the apartment complex.

"You ready to swim Noodle?" Derek smiled, stopping to put the floaties on Emma's arms.

"My ba?" Emma frowned, squirming as Derek tried to put the floaties on Emma's arm, her hands grasped Meredith's swim suit.

"Emma...don't pull my swim top off." Meredith groaned.

"Tha'ts okay." Derek smirked.

"Shut up." Meredith rolled her eyes, as Derek leaned over to put a floatie in the water so that it would slide on Emma's arm better.

"Okay little one." Derek smiled. "All ready."

"I have her ba." Meredith said, pulling it out from her top as Derek laughed. "Don't judge."

"I didn't say anything."

"You didn't have to." She giggled, as Emma whimpered, trying to push off the floaties.

"Should I get in first?" Derek asked, putting their towels down on a chair.

"Yeah and I'll hand her to you." Meredith said, sitting Emma's pacifier on the towel.

"Okay." He smiled, kissing Meredith quickly before turning around and jumping into the pool.

"Da?" Emma frowned, looking up at Meredith.

"Look...." Meredith pointed, fixing the hat Emma kept trying to pull off.

"Da!" Emma started to giggle as Derek popped up out of the water.

"Daddy's hair is all wet." Meredith giggled, walking closer to the edge of the pull as Emma began to frown.

"Ba."

"Come here noodle." Derek smiled, holding his arms out for her.

"Here you go." Meredith giggled, as Emma's completely disappeared.

"Look at you..." Derek smiled, dipping Emma into the water.

"Da!" Emma burst into tears, her tiny fingers clutching as hard as she could into Derek as her mother slid into the pool.

"It's okay...I've got you." He whispered, lowering her a little further into the water.

"Ma!" Emma screamed, her legs kicking as her bottom lip quivered at the cold.

"Emma...we're not going to let go."

"This is going to be fun Noodle."

"Da!" Emma screamed.

"I'm not going to let go of you..."

"Ba!" Emma cried, looking at Meredith.

"Do you want your Ba Em?" Meredith giggled, her tone soft.