30.

Meredith Grey was tired, exhausted even and she had her mother in law to thank for that because ever since Emma had started walking two days ago, she had been everywhere. She had gotten into everything and decided that everything was new. Emma loved this exploring thing but it was exhausting. So when she walked into the den to find Derek opening the front door, she felt relief. "Thank God..."

"Hi." Derek smiled, putting his briefcase down next to the door.

"She's into everything." Meredith said, snatching the remote from Emma's hand as the baby rest on her hip.

"Hello to you too." He laughed, kissing her cheek. "Hi Noodle."

"She tore up the tv guide." Meredith sighed.

"Emma...now we're not going to know when Sesame Street is on."

"Hi Da!"

"Hi." Derek smiled, taking her into his arms. "You're a trouble maker."

"No ba!"

"Yes you are." Meredith giggled. "You never touched any of this stuff before...even when you could stand and hold on to the table."

"Missed you." Derek smiled, kissing Meredith.

"Mmm...missed you too." She giggled as Emma fought to get out of Derek's arms and back onto the floor.

"Where do you think you're going Noodle?"

"Probably more discovering." Meredith giggled as she watched Derek lean over and let Emma down.

"Be careful Emma."

"Be good." Meredith giggled as Emma fell on her bottom, but got right back up.

"I could tell you the same thing." Derek smiled, wrapping his arms around Meredith's waist.

"Hey."

"Where's my mom?"

"She was going to meet an old friend downtown for lunch." Meredith said, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Mmm..." Derek smiled, kissing her again.

"I miss you...." She giggled, her hands moving down his chest as she bit her lips.

"I'm right here." He breathed, kissing her deeply.

"But I haven't had you like I want you."

"My mom said this morning that she wants to take Emma to the toy store...later..."

"So that would give us...time."

"Probably hours."

"We could do a lot in hours."

"Mmmhmm..."

"And then Emma might need a nap." Meredith giggled against his lips, looking around the room and frowning.

"What?" Derekf frowned.

"Emma...."

"Oh god." Derek groaned.

"She's been doing this stuff all day." Meredith groaned, as they heard a bunch of stuff drop from the other side of the apartment. "What is she into now?"

"I'll go find her." Derek chuckled, kissing Meredith quickly. "Em...where are you..."

"I'm coming.:" Meredith groaned, following him down the hall as they heard some familiar babbling from their bedroom.