60.

Derek wasn't exactly sure what was happening. He knew that he was asleep and that his possibly pregnant wife was in bed next to him and that their one year old daughter was in her crib in the nursery across the hall. The only problem was his wife who was in bed next to him wasn't sleeping. She was tapping on his shoulder and saying his name trying to get him to wake up. They had barely spoken a word to each other after what happened out on the land, except to decide what to have for dinner, who would give Emma her bath and to say goodnight. And now she was trying to wake him up in the middle of the night.

"What..." Derek finally groaned as she continued to lightly shake his shoulder.

"Are you awake?" Her soft voice asked.

"No..."

"Well wake up."

"It's four in the morning." He mumbled.

"If I was asking for sex you would wake up." She sat on the bed, shaking his arm again.

"I don't want sex." He replied, finally opening his eyes.

"Good because I'm not offering." Meredith replied, shaking his arm again as he looked at her and groaned.

"What?"

"Get up." She insists, the light through the windows was the only light to grace the room.

"It's the middle of the night...It's time to sleep." Derek replied, closing his eyes again.

"Derek..." She groaned, grasping his face with her hands and leaning over to kiss him softly.

"Hmm..."

"Get up."

"That's not fair."

"What's not fair?" She frowned, pushing the blankets to the end of the bed.

"To kiss me...and then ask me to do something." He sighed.

"Desperate times call for desperate measures."

"Fine..." He groaned, laying there for a few more moments before standing up out of bed.

"Don't just stand there!" Meredith's hair fell over her shoulders as she held her hand out for his.

"What do you want me to do?" He said sleepily, taking her hand.

"Come on." She pulled him to the master bathroom and quickly turned on the main light. "Let your eyes adjust first..."

"Can't we just turn them off?"

"No."

"Fine." He groaned, still squinting from the bright lights in the bathroom.

"Now....I put a towel under them so it's not gross but...well look." She let go of his hand and pointed to a row of pregnancy tests she had taken before waking him up.

"What are those..." He squinted.

"Pregnancy tests."

"You...Holy crap Meredith...How many did you take?"

"Twelve...which is crazy because I went after you fell asleep and I'm surprised you didn't even realize I was gone but the guy at the drug store thought I was insane but the point is there are twelve tests."

"Twelve..." He nodded.

"Twelve."

"And?"

"They're all postive."

"That's...good...Really good." Derek breathed, staring at the line of tests