41.

Sex was stupid. Horny stupid people needed sex and Meredith Grey didn't need sex. Meredith Grey didn't care that she had been trying to lure Derek for the past two and a half weeks and he had managed to escape her grasp each time. So no, Meredith didn't need sex because needing it and losing was stupid. Except Derek was sitting at his computer, in his navy scrubs that fit him perfectly looking stupidly sexy and Meredith didn't need sex. Nope, no sex for her because he was working, Emma was with Susan and Molly and Meredith was in his office...not wanting to sex the hot brain surgeon. "How is your sandwich?"

"Good...Thanks." Derek smiled, looking up over his computer at her.

"Okay." She crossed her arms, turning her head quickly away to stare at the wall. Stupid scrubs. Damn Derek.

"Is yours okay?"

"Yup." Meredith looked down at her plate, at the sandwich she had been ripping apart with her fingers. Stupid sandwich.

"I'm almost done...we can leave soon." Derek said, looking back at the emails on his computer screen.

"Okay." She sighed, not looking at his arms. His muscular and perfectly strong arms.

"I'm sorry we had to do this on your day off."

"Don't worry about it." It was probably better that he was working. It helped to know that he had this budget thing or whatever to finish up and she couldn't try to lure and or sex him in his office, against his couch or desk or even against the door. The door was sturdy, not that it mattered. Damn Door.

"Thanks." Derek smiled.

"So um....I..." Changing the subject in hopes he would do something other then make those blue eyes tempt her. Idiot.

"Hmm?"

"Nothing." She wasn't going to lose.

"Looks like I'm free for fourth of July."

"That's good..." Meredith looked down at her hands. She needed lotion. Just focus on the lotion, she thought.

'Maybe we should get a grill...bring it out with us and have a cook out or something." Derek suggested, before closing his lap top.

"Sounds good." She bit her lip, looking down at the damn sandwich.

"Do you think Susan and Thatcher would want to come?"

"They're going to a neighborhood cookout. They invited us to come but I just thought we could...not go."

"Good idea." Derek laughed. "Going to the land sounds much better."

"Yeah...I think Emma might like that a lot." She swallowed, as he got up from his desk.

"We just have to hold her if we do the sparklers." He said, walking over to the couch where she was sitting

"No...I was thinking we'd just give her one for each hand and go inside for...."

"Yeah." Derek laughed, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah." Meredith kept her eyes looking straight ahead. Being horny was stupid.

"Do you want to do something...since Susan has Emma until dinner?"

"No...why would I want to do anything? I don't want to do anything...do you? No...we can't do anything. I don't want to." She said, looking up at him. He was sexy with great hair and blue eyes and pure sexy...stuff. "Maybe I want to go home alone..."

"I meant a movie or something...but okay." Derek shrugged.

"Okay." She nodded, feeling his hand move around her shoulder.