47.

"Emma...you're a mess..." Derek shook his head as he wiped food off of Emma's face after she had finished eating breakfast as Meredith sat on the other side of the table, drinking her coffee.

"I'll let you take care of that." Meredith giggled, handing him a wipe.

"Aww...thanks.' Derek laughed, rolling his eyes as he wiped Emma's hands.

"Da!" Emma gasped.

"Why did I give you syrup?"

"Yum." Emma pierced her lips.

"She's going to be sticking to everything for the rest of the day." Derek sighed, tossing the wipes in the trash.

"You can chase her around." Meredith breathed, her ring shining in the sunlight.

"And what are you going to be doing?" Derek asked, walking over and kissing the top of her head.

"Hiding Ba."

"Oh...yeah." Derek said as Emma's eye's got wide.

"Mmm...Ba!" Emma clapped her hands.

"Should I just give her more syrup?" He laughed.

"Whatever works."

"What do you think Em? More syrup?" Derek laughed.

"No." Emma shook her head dramatically.

"Okay." Derek laughed, looking at Meredith.

"I think she has a little syrup in her hair." Meredith clutched the warm coffee mug in her hands, trying to pretend she wasn't nervous about getting Emma off the beloved pacifier.

"I'll give her a bath."

"My ba!"

"Bath time."

"En my ba?"

"No Emma." Derek sighed as Meredith cringed.

"Ba?" Emma frowned, as Derek lifted her out of the high chair.

"Ba went on vacation."

"Ba went on a vacation?" Meredith shook her head.

"What? It's all I could think of."

"Vacation alludes to the idea that Ba is coming back."

"Ba moved." Derek changed his words as Emma looked between them, a confused expression on her face.

"My Ba."

"We're saying bye to...Ba." Meredith said quickly, putting her mug down.

"Yeah..." Derek nodded, as Emma began to whimper.

"My ba." Emma sniffled.

"You need a bath Emma."

"En my ba!"

"Not in the bath."

"Da..." Emma whimpered, tears forming at the corner of her cheeks.

"Do you want to take her?" Derek sighed.

"Sure." Meredith stood. Today was the day. They were going to start getting Emma off the pacifier. They didn't have much of a plan only to take it before Emma had breakfast this morning and hope that they could get her off of it.

"Here ya go..." Derek breathed,as Meredith took Emma into her arms.

"My ba?"

"Ba isn't here."