54.

Time had flown by and now it was the night before they were getting married. It was the thirtieth of December and they were staying in a ritzy yet comfy hotel one hour outside of Seattle. Their families were there and Emma would be staying in room with her and Lexie as Derek stayed in a room with one of his brothers in law. So today was perfect, even if the time had flown by. Christmas was perfect, Derek had been entirely excited just to spend this Christmas with Emma and now everything was perfect. Emma was healthy and happy and they were getting married the next night at midnight.

Together with their family they would bring in the New Year. The only thing that sucked about it all was that they were supposed to be saying goodnight and going toe their own rooms, but as he pinned her against the wall of a back hallway, she didn't want to leave. "Sleeping separate is stupid. We do it too much when you're at work."

"It's...a wedding rule." He whispered against her lips.

"Stupid...dumb rule." She breathed, as he ran his hands along her bare arms.

"Maybe...since we're getting married at midnight we can wait until tomorrow afternoon...."

"I want to sleep with you." She pouted against his lips.

"Sleep with me...or sleep with me?" He chuckled, holding her tightly against him.

"Both." She whispered, kissing him lightly.

"I'm not going to be able to sleep."

"Really?" She breathed, her hands on his waist.

"I can't sleep without you." Derek whispered, running a hand through her hair.

"That makes you a sad man." She giggled against his lips.

"Thanks..." He laughed.

"I hate this stupid rule."

"Can we just forget about it?"

"Want to?" She giggled, her voice hopeful as he pushed her against the wall again, his eyes gazing at the black strapless dress she had worn for the rehearsal.

"I do..." He smiled, his hands on her waist.

"Mmm...."

"We could...everybody else has already gone to bed...no one would know..."

"I want you Dr. Shepherd." She giggled against his lips, her fingers dancing along the buttons of his shirt.

"You have me...forever." He smiled, kissing her deeply.

"Yeah?" She breathed, against his lips.

"Mmmhmm..."

"What are you thinking?" She whispered, her tongue dancing around his mouth.

"I'm wondering what your dress looks like." He breathed against her lips, his hands on the bare part of her back.

"Your mother says I can't tell you."

"Remind me to talk to her about that."

"Do you like the dress I have on?"

"I'd like it better if it was on the floor in our room."

"Me too...but this one...you can push up."

"Hmm...See...this is why I'm marrying you."

"Just an idea...."

"I like your idea." Derek smiled, reaching down to undo his belt.

"Mmm...."

"We could get caught." He smirked.