18.

Lexie was annoying. Meredith was pretty sure that her sister was beyond annoying but Meredith wasn't able to find the word for it. They had met for lunch and then come back to Meredith's apartment and started playing with Emma. But still Lexie would not stop asking about Derek. "Can't we talk about work? I have to work tomorrow."

"No....we can't." Lexie laughed, as Emma handed her a doll.

"My professor canceled our next quiz so I can work an extra four hours next Friday...that's great." Meredith tried again.

"Was it a good kiss?" Lexie asked.

"Well...can we not talk about this?" Meredith asked, as Emma fell on her bottom.

"No." Lexie giggled as Emma squealed and tried to stand up again.

"Did you see that Emma is wearing the dress that Susan got her?" Meredith asked, taking her baby's hand and helping her stand.

"Seriously...It's not going to work, Mer."

"It fits her perfectly."

"Meredith."

"It does though." Meredith smiled, lifting Emma onto her lap as the baby giggled.

"Mama!" Emma smiled, excitedly burying her head in Meredith's shoulder.

"You loved it didn't you?" Lexie giggled.

"The dress?"

"Meredith...Derek kissed you. You can't just tell me that and not tell me anything else."

"I...it was like any other kiss we used to have."

"Oh my god..."

"What?" Meredith frowned.

"What's going to happen?"

"Happen with what?" Meredith asked, catching Emma before she could fall.

"You and Derek." Lexie rolled her eyes.

"Oh...nothing."

"He kissed you like he used to...it can't be nothing."

"It can, because we just got caught up in the moment but he's with Addison and I can't stand him."

"Ba!" Emma screamed.

"You can't stand him but you practically made out with him?"

"I...he started it."

"You didn't exactly stop him...from what you told me."

"That doesn't mean anything. It didn't mean anything when we used to kiss and it doesn't now."

"I don't believe you." Lexie rolled her eyes, as Emma pushed herself onto her feet again.

"Teer Oh?" Emma smiled.

"You just ate, Em." Lexie laughed.

"Ma?" Emma interrupted them, looking back to her mother.

"No." Meredith smiled, shaking her head.

"And what about the flowers?" Lexie changed the subject back to Derek.

"They were for Emma...."

"Uh huh...Flowers for a one year old?"

"Because she's a good baby." Meredith smiled.

"She is...but the flowers were for you." Lexie grinned.

"He was apologizing." Meredith informed her, holding Emma's hand as the baby stood proudly.