26.

Meredith's throat was killing her. She was pretty sure her throat was consuming her body and it might actually kill her. Or maybe not but her throat hurt bad and as she sat up in the bed, she pulled a tired and groggy, but awake Emma into her lap. But a moment later, Meredith looked around to find one person missing from her bed. Their bed. He had to be close by because it was way too early which meant he couldn't be at work just yet. He would have kissed her goodbye and then taken Emma downstairs with him while he got ready and ate. "Come on Emma let's find Daddy."

"Ba! My ba." Emma looked around as Meredith lifted her out of bed.

"Right here." Meredith reached off the nightstand, handing Emma her 'ba' as they walked towards the master bathroom. A sound of cursing came closer.

"Da?" Emma giggled.

"Um....good morning?" Meredith giggled weakly as Derek cussed in the bathroom, trying to shave. Emma sat on her hip, still sniffly but looking a lot better then she had the night before.

"Oh...you're up." Derek said, before breaking into a coughing fit.

"We are." Meredith said, as Emma smiled through her pacifier.

"I have to be at work in an hour."

"Okay." Meredith nodded, watching as he ran the razor over his cheek.

"How's Emma?" He asked, swearing as he nicked himself with the razor.

"I think she's a lot better today." Meredith sighed.

"At least someone is."

"Still feeling bad?" Meredith frowned.

"Bad is an understatement." He sighed, coughing again.

"I don't think I'm going to any classes today." Meredith pushed her hair from her face, holding Emma on her hip as the baby played with her shirt.

"Lucky you." Derek groaned.

"You know Derek, sick people take sick days."

"I have a meeting."

"Da." Emma coughed, after taking her pacifier out of her mouth. She must have figured it out by now.

"I have to go to work...I have a surgery and a meeting." Derek sighed, coming out of the bathroom.

"Good morning Emma."

"Hi."

"Damnit..." Derek muttered stubbing his toe on the bed as he walked to the dresser

"And you get mad at me for cussing in front of Emma." Meredith sighed.

"Do we have any more tissues?" He groaned, pulling a sweater from the drawer.

"I think in the bathroom closet." Meredith answered, reaching for a diaper off of the dresser.

"I feel like shit."

"Because we're sick."

"You get to stay home."

"You could stay." Meredith suggested, sitting Emma down on the bed.

"No...I can't." Derek groaned.

"You were going to stay if Emma wasn't better." Meredith sighed.

"But she is better...and I have a big meeting." Derek replied, sneezing as he pulled he buttoned up his white shirt.

"Ba...my ba....na...teer!" Emma babbled, as Meredith changed her diaper.