46.

Meredith had barely said a word since she and Derek had gotten into the bath. But she was happy. Every few minutes she would look up at Derek and smile and giggle and kiss him, only to go back to staring at the diamond ring on her finger. They were surrounded by candles and there were strawberries and champagne next to the bathtub as the candlelight lit up their faces. They were just...happy.

"You turned the lights in the house off." She whispered.

"Sorry to scare you."

"Did Emma get scared?" Meredith whispered, as he pressed a kiss against her shoulder.

"No...she was just giggling." Derek chuckled.

"Hmm..."

"Did you...was it okay?"

"What?" She frowned, gasping slightly as he kissed the back of her neck.

"The proposal." He said, pressing his face against the back of her head.

"It was...perfect."

"I had a whole list of ideas of how to do it." He breathed. "But this with Emma...it seemed the best."

"I was definitely surprised." She breathed, his strong arms wrapping around her as the bubbles waved with their movement in the small tub.

"I thought of coming to work...doing it there."

"I probably would have killed you."

"That's why I didn't do it." He laughed, kissing her neck.

"You bought me lingerie."

"It's a night...gown thing."

"More for you then me?" She giggled.

"A little." Derek laughed, lacing his fingers with hers.

"Hmm...I was tired but now I'm not."

"There's still dinner."

"I like food."

"More than me?" He teased.

"Don't make me choose." She giggled.

"Uh oh..."

"I never...before Spain...did you ever think we would get here?" She asked, his hands moving along her wet body, mixing the suds along.

"Hmm..." Derek took a deep breath, pressing a kiss on her neck. "I don't know...I thought about it."

"It just...I know it sounds crazy but I'm all worked up and with Emma...she's getting bigger..."

"And..."

"I just...sometimes I really want another...baby." Meredith whispered.

"Yeah?" Derek breathed, kissing her cheek.

"But I'm going to be starting my internship in two and a half years....maybe three."

"We can wait.' He whispered.

"Lexie suggested we just...make babies until my internship." Meredith giggled, pushing a strand of hair back.

"Lexie also doesn't already have an infant." Derek laughed, kissing down her neck.

"I can't handle two...not with Emma right now. I would go insane." Meredith laughed, moaning slightly at his touch as he ran a strawberry along her lips.

"Maybe when she's two..." He breathed.

"We'll actually get a full night of sleep?"

"No."