6.

Derek was still reeling from find out that he had a child. He was happy, there was no doubt that he was happy. He hadn't known Emma even a day and he already knew that he loved her. She was his daughter and there was no question. That smiley happy baby that he had just met was his and nothing could be better. Except having known about it before instead of being surprised.

But that wasn't going to change now and the only thing that was going to change was Derek's like. He had a child to think about, to support and a relationship to mend with his daughter's mother. Everything was going to change. Including his relationship with Addison.

"Nice of you to finally show up." Addison walked out of the hotel suite's bathroom, a robe tied tight around her waist. "You've been gone for hours. I nearly called the concierge to start a search party."

"It wasn't that long." Derek rolled his eyes, as he tossed his keys onto the desk.

"Derek, I'm just joking. I was getting worried." Addison sighed, walking to the mirror to take her earrings out of her ears. "You left as soon as we got back to the hotel."

"I had some things to take care of." He sighed.

"Okay." Addison pierced her lips together, turning around to face him.

"Are you hungry?" Derek asked, avoiding the subject of Emma.

"No I ordered room service since you were taking too long."

"Oh...Okay."

"I ordered you some pesto chicken...it's in the mini refrigerator."

"I'm not hungry."

"Oh." Addison frowned, shaking her head before walking over to the closet and flipping through it. "So I think I should return those Prada heels and get the Jimmy Choo's instead. What do you think?"

"Yeah...Sure." Derek sighed, sitting on the edge of the bed, his head in his hands.

"Okay...." Addison groaned, slamming the closet door shut. "Spill."

"I went to see Meredith."

"Okay...are you ashamed of that? Is their something I should know? Did you rekindle an old flame?" Addison crossed her arms, but still understanding. "I need you to be more specific."

"Emma."

"Oh my goodness." Addison smiled, looking relieved. "Wasn't she the cutest? I mean...she's beautiful and I wish she had cuter clothes on, especially after I saw that Burberry baby dress but..."

"Addison...Stop."

"We should get it for Meredith."

"Emma's my daughter."

Addison's smile quickly faded and her shoulder's dropped as soon as he uttered the words. She took a deep breath as she uncrossed her arms. "Derek...that's crazy."

"I know."

"You're joking." Addison smiled slowly.

"I'm not joking..." Derek said, finally looking up at his girlfriend. "Emma is my daughter."

"Derek...." Addison shook her head, before backing up a few steps in her fancy wool slippers.

"Meredith and I..."

"No...she's lying." Addison shrugged, running her hands through her deep red locks. "You've been gone almost two years and that baby...she's tiny."

"She's eleven months." Derek breathed, reaching down to take off his shoes.

"Well, don't just assume she's yours."