Never Miss a Beat

3rd Person POV

     Yang and Weiss take to the arena as the rest of their friends take seats in the stands. Weiss was still a little distracted by the fact that her sister was not being supportive of her adopting two boys she hardly knew, she is shaken back to reality when Yang asks.

Yang: So, you're from Atlas, Weiss. Got any ideas who we'll be facing?

Weiss: Seeing as their from Atlas, I expect proper and well organized-

       One of their opponents then zooms past behind them and circles back to her partner, revealing two people who were far from proper. One was a man wearing slacks, buttoned shirt, a vest, a fedora and wielding a trumpet. The woman had poofy, wild, tie-dyed hair and wearing roller blades.

Neon: Wow, you two are our opponents? *to Yang* You look wonderfully well built and would be a great skater, although your chest would put you off balance.

Yang: Huh? There's nothing wrong with my chest!

Neon: *mockingly* There's nothing wrong with my chest!

Yang: Hey! Quit copying me!

Neon: *mocking* Hey! Quit copying me!

Yang: You're the one copying me!

Neon: You're the one copying me! *giggles*

Yang: *growls*

Flyntt: You're Weiss Schnee, right?

Weiss: Nice to meet someone who actually recognizes me.

Flyntt: You're dad put mine out of buisness, I'm here for a little payback.

Weiss: I'm sorry for your loss and-

Flyntt: Don't act all high and mighty now, you're no better than the rest of your family.

Weiss: Don't judge a book by it's cover. *readies for battle*

Oobleck: Alright, battle, begin!

Swoop: Go mommy!

Snarl: *whistles loudly*

Slag: Knock them dead!

Yang fires first but their opponents are quick to react and split up, Neon goes after Yang, didging her attacks and out maneuvering her with her skates, mocking her all the way. Flyntt used his trumpet as a sound based attack which was messing with Weiss' ability to use her glyphs.

Weiss: Freezer Burn!

Yang: Yeah!

      Weiss manages to shake Flyntt long enough to create a ice field, Yang then leaps into the air and uses a fire imbued punch to create a cloud of fog, the pair then use the fog to hide their movements. However, Flyntt used his Semblance to create clones of himself to amplify his sound attack output and uses it to clear the field of the fog before Weiss and Yang can make their attack. Neon then rushes around the pair and seperates them Flyntt continued using his Semblance on Weiss while she used a white shield glyph to block. Yang meanwhile was forced onto the ice part of the battlefield and can't quite keep her footing on the ice and got blindsided several times.

Slag: Come on, mom! Get that huntress wannabe!

Swoop: Get 'em, Mommy!

Weiss manages to endure the attack long enough for Flyntt to run out of breath and stop his semblance, but the attack took it's toll and Weiss collapsed to her knees.

Weiss: *thoughts* I can't control what my father does, *looks at her sons in the stands* but I can't pretend it's out of my hands anymore. *looks at Flyntt about to attack Yang* I need to bring honor back to the Schnee family the only way I know how.