Family Affairs

3rd Person POV

     After the events with Roman's mech all the boys had to train extra hard for a month, the boys are making strides and Slag has his Semblance under control. He and Grimlock still duel each other often but Grimlock ends up winning all the time but Slag is no slouch, or quitter. Recently, though, Blake has been ignoring everyone and everything and it's really starting to make Sludge depressed and upset. Swoop and Grimlock tried to help by inviting him to training sessions or playing in the courtyard, but they always had their parents watching them and Blake is no where to be seen. Yang has really started to worry about both Sludge and Blake because she's been there before. She decides to try and see the extent of the damage.

Yang: Sludge, how you feeling, sweety?

Sludge: *sniffles* I want Mommy.

Yang: I know. Why don't I try talking to her and you wait for her back in your room.

Sludge: *sniffles* Okay.

     Yang kisses his forhead as Sludge heads to his room. Yang then grows a little cross and asks Slag to sit with Sludge until Blake comes for him. She then goes to the library and sees Blake with bags under her eyes and barely able to stay awake. She uses a laser pointer and shines it on Blake's screen until Blake gets irritated and follows the laser till she's in front of Yang.

Yang: Hello!

Blake: What do you want?

Yang: *cross* We need to talk.

     Yang grabs Blake and forces her into a empty classroom, Blake tries to defend herself but she is so tired that can't do anything.

Yang: Look, I get what you're doing. Believe me, I've been there. But if you don't slow down and take some time for yourself, you're going to get killed before you can see things through.

Blake: I can't stop, not while Roman is working with the White Fang. These people are not going to wait until graduation to challenge us. They are out there right now planning something and I'm the only one who can stop them!

Yang: And what are you going to do if you do find them?!

Blake: I'll stop them!

Yang: You couldn't hurt a fly in your current condition! You are an excellent fighter but this obsession will kill you before you can do anything about it.

Blake: You don't know the White Fang like I do. They are ruthless and more than happy to kill anyone that gets in their way. I have to stop them.

Yang: And you will, just not today. I'm not telling you to stop, just slow down and take a night for yourself.

Blake: I-

Yang: My mother left me with my dad when I was just an infant. I never knew why and my dad was always tight lipped about it. One day I found evidence of her whereabouts from my uncle and without hesitation or thought of the consequences, I loaded up and infant Ruby in a wagon and walked for hours. But I didn't allow myself to stop, but when I got us there, we were set upon by Grimm and I didn't have the strength to fight back or run away. I was certain my sister and I were going to die and it was all my fault because I let my obsession control me. We were saved by my uncle but I vowed to never lose sight of what's improtant and never let any obsesstion control me. Do I still think about and search for my mom? Of course, but I don't let drive me to insanity. You will find a way to beat the White Fang, but this isn't the way.

     Yang gives Blake a hug and reminds her that she doesn't have to stop but she does need to slow down.

Yang: Plus, Sludge is really sad without you around to love him. If you do decide to come to the dance, I'll save you the first dance.