Adventures in Atlas: Slash's Confidance

3rd Person POV

Arcee: Hyah!

Slash: *flinches in fright*

Arcee: Ugh, again Slash?

Slash: Sorry. I'm not used to this sort of stuff.

Arcee: Well, the Decepticons will not wait for you to be "ready for this stuff".

Slash: I'm sorry. I'm trying.

Arcee: Stop trying and just do it! Now, again!

Slash and Arcee have been training together to get Slash used to her powers and abilities, turns out she only got her powers a few short weeks before Grimlock and the others were recaptured. So she really isn't used to her new abilities and doesn't consider herself very useful because of it. Arcee and Slash go at this again for an hour, until Arcee goes for another roundhouse kick and Slash shrinks back to her human form and covers her head as she starts crying. Pyrrha was watching and used her Semblance to stop Arcee and float Slash into her arms.

Pyrrha: Slash. Shh, it's okay. We can be done for a while.

Slash continues to cry as Pyrrha takes her up the elevator and back to the dorm room they share with Slam, Oscar and the rest of Team JNPR. The dorm room is empty, Pyrrha sits down in a chair with Slash in her lap, the two just sit there and stay quiet so Slash can calm down. Suddenly, there is a soft knock on the door, but the door is locked and Pyrrha hears Jaune's voice on the other side.

Jaune: Hey, Slash, uhm, Arcee told me you were brought here. Look, uh, can we talk? *no answer* Right, uhm, look, uh, Arcee told me what happened so, I thought I'd check on you. To be honest, I'm still really new to this whole parenting thing, so I'm kinda making this all up as I go along. Sometimes, I don't do what you want me to do or say what you want me to say, but I... *sigh* I see this, spark in you, it's amazing! It's why I push you, but it's yours, and whatever you decide to do with it, you'll be great. I believe in you. I... I love you, kiddo.

Pyrrha hears Jaune sigh and walk away, she then looks down at Slash.

Pyrrha: He's right, you know. We both see great potential in you. You do have the heart of a warrior inside you.

Slash: But, I-I don't think I can do it like the others can.

Pyrrha: Then don't, find your own way. You may not be as strong as the others, but you are smart, fast, and so much kinder and gentler than the other boys.

Slash: B-But, what if I make a mistake? I'm not cut out for this.

Pyrrha: Hey, *lifts Slash's gaze to meet hers* mistakes are gonna happen. There is a whole group of people and Bots down there that see you as invaluable, including me. The only one left to convince is yourself.

Pyrrha kisses Slash on top of her head and then uses her Semblance to float a plate with cheese, crackers and an apple for Slash to snack on.

Timeskip Next Day

Jaune and Pyrrha are watching as Slash, in her robot mode, enters the training area with Arcee in a junkyard.

Slash: *deep breath* *to herself* The only one left to convince is yourself.

Slash takes her fighting stance and Arcee decides to go a little harder today, so she rushes in and starts by firing her blaster arms at Slash. Slash expertly dodged them all, Arcee then jumped and swapped for her wrist blades as she came down at Slash. Slash blocked with her arms, but instead of cowering away, she pushed Arcee off her and sent her back to her starting position.

Arcee: Let's see what else you've got then.

Slash suddenly speeds forward, grabs Arcee and chokeslams her into the ground. Slash then punchs Arcee in the head twice, but on the third, Arcee moved her head and wrapped her legs around Slash's arm and got her into a choke hold. But, instead of falling over, Slash used her strength and lifted Arcee up, she then slammed Arcee twice on a junkyard car, before slamming her back into the ground. All this caused Arcee to lose her grip, Arcee tried to recover but Slash simply picked her up and threw Arcee farther away and crashing into a pile of scrap metal. Arcee recovered too late and Slash used her Semblance to rush one of her knives at Arcee's neck, but stopped just before, much to the surprise of Arcee, Pyrrha and Jaune.

Arcee: Okay, you got me.

Slash: *deep breath* A-Are you okay?! I didn't hurt you did I?!

Arcee: Nah, I'll be fine, kiddo. *Slash helps her up* That was much better, I told you you have the heart of a fighter.

Slash: Yeah, guess I just needed to believe in myself.

Arcee: You're doing great kid.

Arcee then started explaining to Slash about fighting and defeating a larger or stronger opponent by using speed and smarts rather than strength. Pyrrha can only look on at her daughter and smile with a tear threatening to fall, Jaune, meanwhile, is cheering hard for Slash. I think things are gonna be okay for all of them.

(A/N): Alright, Cut! Great shot everyone! Take lunch and we'll get back to it.

Hope everyone enjoyed these shorts so far. Have a great rest of your day/night and I'll see you all again next time. PEACE OUT!!!