The Meeting

3rd Person POV

Somewhere in the Emerald Forest, there are five young kids, they were once lab experiments to create monsters to be used as weapons of destruction. But the kids proved too uncontrollable and one boy broke free of his restraints and broke himself and the other boys out and now leads them through the forest as best as he can. However, the boys know next to nothing of the outside world and so got lost and one of them is hurt.

Grimlock: Snarl, how Sludge?

Snarl: He's hanging in there, but without proper help I don't know if he'll make it.

Slag: Maybe we should just leave him, Sludge is just slowing us down.

Grimlock: We are not leaving anyone behind, Slag!

Swoop: Look, fighting isn't going to help anyone.

Grimlock: *deep breath* You're right. Let's find somewhere so Sludge can rest.

Sludge: Sludge ok... let's keep moving.

Grimlock: You need help, now. *looks around* Let's set up near that cave.

The four kids help their injured friend to the mouth of the cave and Grimlock gets a fire going thanks to his semblance. Grimlock then looks over Sludge and comes to a decision.

Grimlock: You all stay here and keep Sludge safe. Grimlock go find help.

Slag: Are you crazy, we can't trust anyone out here.

Grimlock: We can't take care of Sludge, we need help. Stay here, stay safe. Grimlock be back soon, promise.

Grimlock leaves and wanders into the forest, using his superior sense of smell, Grimlock tries to sniff for any humans nearby. He catches a scent, four scents and heads to the smell's point of origin.

Meanwhile, Team RWBY are heading back to Beacon after a day of training and are on the outskirts of the forest when they hear bushes rustling. Suspecting it might be a Grimm, the girls ready their weapons, until a small boy in torn clothes appears from the bushes. Ruby immediately put her weapon away and slowly walks towards this boy, he can't be older than 10. The boy sees Ruby walking towards him and gets defensive, Ruby stops.

Ruby: Hey there, what doing out here all by yourself?

????: .....

Ruby: It's ok. My name is Ruby. *boy still doesn't say anything* What's your name?

????: ....Name?

Ruby: Yeah. What do people call you?

Grimlock: ..... Me, Grimlock.

Ruby: I like that name. *boy looks behind her* Oh, these are my friends. *gestures to put weapons away* That's Weiss, Blake and my sister Yang. What are you doing out here by yourself?

Grimlock: Me looking for- *roar in the distance*

      Grimlock suddenly dashes back into the forest.

Ruby: Hey wait! *looks to her team* Let's go.

Blake: We've got your back, Ruby.

     Team RWBY dashes off after Grimlock, and it isn't long until they catch up with him. The group then sees a big Grimm beating down dinosaurs! Grimlock tries to run into the fight but Ruby grabs him to stop him.

Ruby: No, Grimlock it's too dangerous!

Grimlock: My brothers need me!

     Grimlock's eyes turn red as he breaks free from Ruby's grip and the team see him turn into a Tyrannosaurus rex. As the last dinosaur, a triceratops, gets tossed into the side of the cliff, Grimlock comes crashing out of the bushes and roars at the Grimm.