Adventures in Atlas: Strong Enough

3rd Perspn POV

Slag is trying to sneak back to the dorm late one night, he's limping a little but manages to stifle any grunts and walks into the dorm but before he can get into bed, a lamp turns on and he glances to see Yang waiting in a chair with her arms crossed.

Slag: You don't have to wait up for me.

Yang: Yes, I do.

Slag doesn't say anything and doesn't turn around to face his mother.

Yang: Look at me. *Slag doesn't comply* *raised voice* Take off the damn hood, now.

Slag finally gives in and turns around while taking off the hood on his sweatshirt. Yang is horrified by what she sees, Slag's face alone is heavily bruised on one side and his right eye is swollen as well as having a cut going down the middle of his face.

Yang: Honey, where do you go? Who does this to you?

Slag: Go to sleep, Mom.

Yang: Please, talk to me.

Slag: Please, go to sleep!

Yang: I can't sleep! Don't you get it, your antics are keeping me up because if you get hurt I can't be there to help you!

Slag: .. Good. *walks out*

Yang: *follows* Good?! How is that good?!

Slag and Yang continue to argue all the way down to the Autobot base where everyone is actually still up with late night training and waiting for the Decepticons to make their next move.

Yang: So you expect me to just wait and watch helplessly from the sidelines?! I don't think so!

Slag: Yes, I am asking that of you!

Yang: And I'm telling you, not a chance. *Slag starts to turn away* You're my son, I'm with you. *makes Slag look at her* For better or worse.

Slag: *takes Yang's hands off him* I have to do this alone!

Yang: What is this to you? Playtime?

Slag: No, I'm just not-

Yang: Not what?!

Slag: I'm not strong enough!

Yang: Strong enough, and this will make stronger?!

Slag: Yes. No. I don't know!

Yang: That's what this is?! Some sort of workout?!

Slag suddenly transforms into his Dinobot form and lifts Yang with his brow horns underneath her arms and yells.

Slag: I CAN'T LOSE YOU AGAIN!

Slag gently sets down Yang as everyone in the base looks on in surprise, even Optimus is a bit shook. Grimlock stood to approach, but Ruby stopped him and shook her head no. Slag doesn't make eye comtact with Yang as he says..

Slag: *somber tone* I can't. Not again. I'm not s- *glances uo then down again* strong enough.

Yang sits on Slag's snout then hugs her scared son tightly for several minutes. Yang finally pulls away and says....

Yang: If we work together, you won't have to be.

Slag: I don't know what'll happen. *transforms into human form*

Yang: It's like Blake told me a while back, "You're not protectimg me, and I'm not protecting you. We're protecting each other." And we will no matter the consequences, because you are my son and I love you more than anything in the world.