Strings Pt. 2

Ruby POV

I am fighting off Harriet as we fall down to the floor below. She punches me in the face, then I try to stop her next one by grabbing her right wrist, but she punches me with her left fist. I then kick her in the stomach, but she uses her Semblance to bounce off the wall and tackle me into the wall behind me. I try desperately to hold off her attack but I fear she has just gone crazy. Harriet is about to throw another right cross, when her arm is grabbed, I look up and see Grimlock holding her arm and swiftly punch Harriet in the side and then kicks her off me. Grimlock then grabs me and turns to place his body between me and the floor. We crash through the floor and land hard.

I slowly came to with my ears ringing and my eyesight blurred from the sudden jolt of the crash landing. My vision returns first as I look around and see what looks like the aircraft hangar with several Manta's. I hold my ears as they ring and come back into focus, I hear some faint groaning, and I look down at the floor and see Grimlock's Aura flash across his body, indicating that his Aura is broken.

Ruby: *groans* Grimlock? Grimlock? Baby, wake up.

Grimlock finally open his eyes and sees me.

Grimlock: Mom.... okay?

Ruby: Yes. I'm okay, thanks to you.

I get up on my knees and try to help him sit up, I can tell he's broken a rib, and he's bleeding from his mouth again, but otherwise looks unharmed. I look around and see a nearby Manta.

Ruby: Come on, let's get out of here.

Just as I get Grimlock to his feet, I am hit by something and sent tumbling across the ground.

Harriet: You're not going anywhere.

I get up and look at Grimlock struggling to his feet, I quickly stand up and draw my weapon.

Harriet: Why do you continue to fight against us, we're trying to save Atlas.

Ruby: By sacrificing everyone in Mantle just to delay the inevitable. Salem will follow you no matter where you go.

Harriet: .....Well, if it's any consolation, you won't be alive to see it.

Harriet rushes me and I just about block her first attack when Grimlock tackles her away from me.

Ruby: Grimlock!

Harriet manages to gain the upper hand and roll Grimlock off her and pin his head under her foot, she then picks him up and throws him across the ground.

Grimlock POV

Grimlock see Harriet, me deflect and grab Harriet's arm then throwing her across the floor, she rolls to recover. Me grab a piece of debris and slam it on Harriet's head. She recovers tries a right cross, me duck under and punch her in side, she recoiled into a backhand, me duck again and clothesline her to the ground.

Ruby: Hang on, I'm-

Suddenly, Elm and Vine show up and Elm actually tossed a grenade at Mom's feet, it explodes and knocks her to the ground breaking her Aura.

3rd Person POV

Seeing this, Grimlock starts getting angry and goes on the attack, back handing Harriet. He then he tackles Elm and rolls to recover, Elm got back to her feet and tried to sidekick Grimlock, but he simply grappled her leg with his left arm, then brought his right elbow up and slammed it down onto Elm's knee. Elm yelled in pain and collapsed to her knee, before Grimlock grabs her head and slams his left knee into her nose. Vine tried to use his Aura arms to extend and try to grab Grimlock, but he turned and grabbed the Aura arm and pulled hard to bring Vine in close, Grimlock then grabbed Vine by the throat and punched him across his face, he then manipulated Vine into a underarm headlock. By this point Harriet had recovered and raced in towards Grimlock but Grimlock simply side kicked her in the head sending crashing backwards to the ground. Grimlock then pulled Vine around until he lifted him in the air and front kicked him in the head sending Vine over Ruby and tumbling across the floor.