Adventures in Atlas: Grimlock and Ruby's Drive

Ruby POV

Things have been going great, I'm excited to have started training and take on real Huntress missions, but I still have to keep an eye on Grimlock, who is still having nightmares about Shockwave's experimentation on him. One night, I wake up to hear grunting and frightened exhales, I look over at the other side of the room and see Grimlock tossing and turning, sweating profusely. I quickly get down and rush over to him and shake him awake.

Ruby: Grimlock, baby wake up.

Grimlock suddenly wakes up, his eyes red with rage, I force him to look at me while I keep a soft comforting smile on my face.

Ruby: Grimlock. Baby, shh, shh, shh. It's okay, calm down.

Grimlock's eyes return to normal and he sees me.

Ruby: Shh, it's okay. You're safe, no one can hurt you now.

Grimlock shoved his head into my chest and started crying quietly, so I just got into bed with him and cuddled my son in a warm, loving, embrace.

Ruby: I understand that everything that happened to you was really scary for you, but I've got you now, and I'm never letting you go again. You're my son and I love you with all my heart.

Grimlock: Grimlock can't stop it.

Ruby: And it may never stop, but you will find a way to get past it and keep doing what you do best. Being there for your family and watching over your brother's and sister.

Grimlock has been told this many times, but I'm starting to think he just needs a way to relax and get away from everything and not worry about things so much.

Ruby: Hey, I've got an idea of something we can do in the morning. You up for it?

Grimlock looks up at me and nods, I decide to stay with him and we both fall back asleep for the night.

Timeskip Next Morning

3rd Person POV

Grimlock and Ruby wake up late in the morning and eat breakfast.

Ruby: Okay, let's pack a go bag.

Grimlock: Okay. *goes to bed and starts stuffing backpack*

Yang: Ruby, are you sure about this? I can go with if you like?

Ruby: It's okay, Grimlock just needs time to clear his head and find a way to relax. We'll be okay. I'll call if I need something.

Ruby hugs Yang and the others, then packs her own go bag. The duo walk to the Airship landing pads and an airship flies them to an old town that hasn't been invaded by Grimm and drops the pair off. Ruby managed to borrow two motorcycles, after the airship leaves Ruby gets her helmet on.

Grimlock: Okay, you got Grimlock out here, where we going?

Ruby: Mmm, I don't know. Let's just drive.

Ruby shows Grimlock how to start his motorcycle and the two get moving down the highway. As they near the mountain road, Grimlock is riding beside Ruby, she looks at Grim and revs her engine and speeds a little, Grimlock was a little confused and revved to catch up. Ruby smirked and revved again, Grimlock caught up again, Ruby then really speeds up and guns it towards the mountains.

Grimlock: *realizes* Okay, you're on.