Yang vs Mercury

Yang POV

      I am training a little before my next match, but to be honest, I am really worried about Grimlock's whereabouts too. He hasn't been seen nor heard from since yesterday afternoon, and even with Qrow and even General Ironwood has commited some troops and androids to finding him but we still have found nothing. It's like he's disappeared off the face of the planet.

Slag: Mom?

Yang: *snaps back to reality* Uh, yes Slag?

Slag: You okay?

Yang: Just worried about your brother is all.

Slag: To be honest.... me too.

Yang: I'm sure we'll find him, we just need to keep looking.

Slag: Yeah.

Blake: Hey guys, the next round's about to start.

Yang: Thanks, Blake.

We all walk to the stadium and everyone wishes me luck, I kneel down to Slag.

Slag: Break a leg, Mom.

Yang: As long as you cheer for me, I can't lose. *winks confidantly* You can count on me

       Slag wraps his arms around my neck in a hug, and I hug back and we stay like this until the announcer calls for me to step out onto the field. I kiss Slag on his forhead and walk out to the open arena, this time there are no terrains just a flat dueling arena.

Mercury: You're gonna need all the luck you can get against me.

Yang: Bring it on, I can take whatever you dish out.

Port: Ready. BEGIN!

      Mercury reacts first and shoots three shots from his boot guns, cool by the way, I react by bobbing and weeving between the shots and get closer with my arms in a blocking position. When I got past shot three, Mercury was in my face and throws a side kick, I barely manage to block and deflects it off my arms. I push him off and Mercury just does a few backflips to recover, I then go on the attack and throw as many punches as I can. I manage to throw five, all of them misses, before Mercury counters and tries to sweep my legs, I back up to avoid but he throws a roundhouse kick hitting me in the face, the follows it up with a powerful sidekick hitting me in the gut and sending me back several feet. I recover and skid to a stop on my feet and fire Ember Celica behind me to launch me forward, we both wind up powerful moves and we clash causing a shockwave. I can hear the crowd roar in excitment, but I am quickly called back to my opponent firing six shots at me, I can only try to block, by the time the smoke cleared, Mercury is already on the offensive and takes some serious hits to my Aura. I am knocked back with another sidekick and am slow to recover, when I do I see him winding up a massive attack by making a tornado looking thing with the shots from his weapons, he sends it at me and I use my Semblance to punch my fist into the floor causing a shockwave to block his attack.

Slag POV

     I watch mom fight this douche named Mercury, and on his next attack, which for some reason included breakdancing, Mom decided now to activate her Semblance. Why?

Slag: *to myself* Why now? It wasn't even a big attack.

Yang POV

     I rush Mercury and start throwing powerful punches and taking down his Aura, while he did try to counter, I was able to deflect it and continue assault, I finally stop as his Aura flashes and the teachers call the match.

Port: And that's what I call a serious beatdown.

Oobleck: And with that Team RWBY's Yang Xiao Long prevails and moves on to the final round.