The Beginning of the End

Ruby POV

     I am still desperately looking for Grimlock, I know he can handle himself, but I also know the statistics for lost or kidnapped children. I have been asking around about any leads of a child that matches Grimlock's description, but still find nothing. I force myself to stop and sit on a bench and I can't stop myself from balling my eyes out into my hands, until I hear-

Penny: Salutations, friend!

Ruby: *sniffles and quickly wipe my eyes* Penny? Where are your guards?

Penny: Oh, I might've lost them by a doughnut shop and wanted to see you. But your eyes are red, you look devastated. What's wrong?

Ruby: *sniffle* Sorry, you had to see me *sniffles* like this, but my adopted son, Grimlock, he's missing.

Penny: *worried gasp* Oh no! That's aweful. How long has he been missing?

Ruby: Since yesterday afternoon, after the doubles round.

Penny: Oh no. I wish I could tell you where to find him. Well, I'll help look for him anyway, if you'll have me?

Ruby: But, *sniffles* don't you have the singles match to get to?

Penny: A missing child is way more-

Guard: Penny! There you are.

Penny: Oh, h-hello, officers.

Guard 2: Penny, you know you're not supposed to run away like that.

Penny: I know but-

Guard: Come on, your match is about to begin.

Penny: But there's-

Guard 2: Ironwood's orders.

Ruby: Go, Penny. I'm not gonna get you into trouble because of me.

Before I walk away Penny pulls me into a heartfelt hug, and I can't help letting some tears loose.

Penny: I will help you when my match is done, I promise.

I feel much better knowing Penny will look out for me, like I would her. Penny leaves and I decide to make my way to the arena to look for Grimlock there, for some reason. As Penny's match against Pyrrha get's underway, I am high in the stands looking around for Grimlock, instead I spot something, Mercury's teammate, Emerald in the stands. That's odd, I walk to a matainence hallway to make my way around, but as I walk down the hall, a familiar face appears further down.

Ruby: Mercury?

Port: *outside on PA* Our next duel will be Atlas' Penny Poladina vs Pyrrha Nikos.

Ruby: *thinks and realizes* Oh no.

Mercury: Polarity vs Metal, that could be bad.

Ruby: What are you even doing? You were hurt. *silence* *annoyed* Answer me!

Port: *outside on PA* Ready! Begin!

Mercury: Showtime.

      Mercury goes after me and I don't have my scythe, awesome, I try to dodge as best I can and try to use my Semblance to get around him, but he continously counters everything I do.

Mercury: Wow, even that stupid kid of yours put up a better fight than you.

Ruby: *slight gasp* I-It was you. And Emerald and Cinder all of this happened because of you. *angered* Where is my Grimlock?

Mercury: I wouldn't worry about him right now. After all, he's nothing to you.

Ruby: You're wrong, he's my EVERYTHING!