Midnight

3rd Person POV

Now that communications are back up, Jaune is once again trying his scroll to call for help.

Jaune: *using scroll* Hello? If anyone can hear this, we are stranded and our Aura is running low. We have two children with us. Anyone, please respond...

Slag: Forget it, Jaune. No one's coming. *shivers*

Yang: How are you feeling, buddy?

Slag: Cold.

Yang: *sigh* Me too.

Suddenly, the sounds of engines are heard in the distance and getting closer.

Ren: Hear that?

Jaune: Yeah... sounds like...

The group look up and see a single Manta approaching the group's position. Initially skeptical, Yang, Jaune and Ren draw their weapons in a defensive manner. The Manta lands and the side hatch opens to reveal Winter Schnee.

Yang: Winter?

Winter: Are you gonna stand out there in the cold staring, or get on?

The group looks at each other a little confused.

Jaune: You're... not here to arrest us?

Winter: I'm trying to help the world's best chance at survival. Now quit gawking and get on!

Slash: Okay.

Slash is the first to get on because she was shivering cold. Jaune, Ren and Yang all nod to each other, sheath their weapons and board the Manta.

Slag: Hmph! You ain't getting me onto that-!

Slag is suddenly grabbed by the collar by Yang and forced onto the Manta. Winter then closes the side hatch and takes off back towards Atlas.

Ren: So, if you're not arresting us...

Yang: Why are you helping us?

Winter: ... I... should've sided with my sister from the start, but my duty to General Ironwood blinded me. Before we regroup with your friends, we need to break some prisoners out.

Slag: Prison break? Cool!

Yang: What do you mean?

Winter remained silent as she piloted the Manta past Atlas air defenses and towards to Atlas Academy.

Back at the Schnee Manor, Weiss is waiting anxiously for Swoop, Maria, Pietro and Brains' return. Sludge, Snarl and Slam are patrolling the grounds in their human forms so the group doesn't get ambushed. Blake is sitting with Ruby, who is sitting next to Grimlock's bed. Grimlock is getting worse, the coughing fits are getting more intense and he's starting to lose control of himself, but right now is trying to rest. Pyrrha sits next to Nora, who is still unconscious.

A knock is heard at the front door to the manor, Weiss eagerly opens it up, only to reveal Snarl.

Snarl: This guy said he knows you?

Weiss looks behind her son and sees a familiar older gentleman.

Weiss: Klein!

Klein: Hello, Ms. Schnee.

Weiss eagerly hugs Klein, he returned the hug and she stayed like this for several seconds before pulling away and asking...

Weiss: What are you doing here?

Klein: I was told some friends of yours need medical attention.

Weiss: But who-

Whitley: I asked for him to come.