Hidden Truths

Grimlock POV

Grimlock getting everyone down from top of train, Yang go into train and unload her bike.

Yang: This is just great. We're stranded, we lost a third of our party, and we gained a defenseless old lady.

Sludge: *human form* What old lady? *bumps into somebody*

????: I am not old!

Sludge turn around and see old lady in snow.

Sludge: *worried* Sludge sorry! *picks up old lady and brushes snow off her* Old lady okay?

Maria: The name's Maria Calavera, young man, and yes I'm okay.

Blake: *pats Sludge's head* Good boy, Sludge.

Maria: Odd name for a child?

Weiss: We didn't come up with them, any of them, we just ran with what we had when we adopted them.

Qrow: We need to get moving and find shelter before more Grimm are attracted to the negativity.

Blake: Does that even matter? We've been attracting them since we left Mistral.

Yang: *annoyed* Oh yeah, how could I forget? What happened to no more secrets?

Oscar: Agreed. I think we deserve some answers.

Oscar let's Ozpin take control to explain himself.

Ozpin: I did not lie to you.

Weiss: *annoyed* Well, you certainly didn't tell us everything.

Ozpin: Please, now is not the time-

Yang: No, we're way past that! I wanna know why you're still not telling us everything?!

Ozpin: It is true that Grimm are attracted to the Relics. It's faint, but undeniable. I believe it has to do with their origin, but I'm not entirely sure. Regardless, I feared making you all aware would only add to your anxiety and negativity. It seemed like a safer option.

Grimlock: We Dinobots seen Salem in person. We can handle some measly Grimm.

Ozpin: Point taken. But your Mother's haven't, I couldn't risk it.

Weiss: You know, I'm getting really tired of people choosing what's best for me.

Yang: Is that why you lied to everyone about Lionheart too?

Ozpin: Yes, as a matter of fact, I believed the Kingdom of Mistral deserved better than the truth. And I believed Leonardo deserved to be remembered for his lifetime of service and not the unfortunate missteps he made in his final years.

Yang: Missteps?!

Snarl: What's that mean?

Ozpin: What Lionheart did was reprehensible.

Slag: Huh?

Ozpin: I'm not here to argue differently, but does one lapse in judgement really negate all of his good? Do we not all have regrets? You may have met Professor Lionheart, but you didn't know the man he was, before Salem found him.

Yang: But you can trust us. I mean we've already beaten loads of Grimm, giant robots and Pyrrha went toe to toe with a kaiju sized robot monster from another dimension. We won't turn our backs on you.

Ozpin: *raised voice* Do you really think Leo was the first?!

Everyone stops.

Ozpin: That he didn't say those exact words to me?....... I'm sorry, but you have to understand, that my behaviors are backed by experience. I'm not saying I have reason for all of you to betray me. I'm saying I have reasons for the things I do, the secrets that I keep, the reason I- *realizes something* Where's the relic?