Adventures in Atlas: Slam, Nora and Ren

3rd Person POV

Slam has just returned from training in his Dinobot mode with Bulkhead and whilst he walks in without so much as a paintjob scuff, Bulkhead is holding his arm and limping a little.

Bumblebee: *series of beeps*

Miko: Bulk, what happened?

Bulkhead: Ah, I'll be okay Miko. Slam just packs a bigger wallop than I thought. I'll just be sore.

Slag: Ha, really showed him who's boss around here, huh, Slam?

Slam: *series of grunts*

Ratchet: I'll be the judge of that, Bulkhead. Sit.

Bulkhead: Aw.

Nora: Haha, sounds like my boy did good in training today, huh.

Slam nods and grunts excitedly whilst wagging his tail a bit, until...

*loud CRUNCH*

Ratchet: Slam, I needed that!

Slam: *sorrowful grunt*

Nora: Oh, he didn't mean it Doc Bot.

Ratchet: It's not just him, all of the Dinobots are menaces being here in the base, acting like animals and monsters!

Slam seemed hurt by Ratchet's harsh words and carefully left the base.

Nora: Slam, come back!

Nora jumped down and ran after Slam but not before slamming her hammer on Ratchet's foot.

Nora: Jerk! Slam! Come back!

Ratchet: Hmph!

Optimus: Ratchet, though these Dinobots are young and inexperienced, they are our allies. It would be wise to not treat them like outsiders.

Ratchet: These ruffians only love in life is to break things and others!

Ren: *while meditating* Untrue.

Ren opens his eyes, stands up and glares at Ratchet.

Ren: All the Dinobots may find enjoyment in breaking things, but they love nothing more than family and will go to any length to protect us, but they did not ask for this life. Shockwave tried to turn them into weapons, that's what you fail to understand.

Ratchet: It just proves my point, they are not one of us.

Ren: Maybe you're right, they are the best of both our races. Each of the Dinobots have proven time and time again that they are more than the weapons they were created to be. They know compassion, respect, trust, and it shows when they put themselves in harms way for a cause greater than themselves. So maybe think before you speak ill of someone you don't know.

Ratchet was taken aback by Ren's accusation and actually started ridiculing himself.

Back outside the base, Nora followed Slam's tracks which slowly transformed back into his child form, but it was still an easy track to follow. Nora eventually finds Slam laying down on the edge of a cliff staring at the stars in the night sky.

Nora: This has more to do than what Ratchet said today doesn't it?

Slam: *grunts translation* No. Now go away.

Nora: Come on, Slam. I'm your mother, I'm here to help and take care of you, please?

Slam: *grunt translation* I just want to be left alone.

Nora: Nope, no, you always do this, you shut down whenever the talk of feelings come up, and I've always given you your space because I figured you would at least trust me enough to tell me what's wrong. Now, I'm going to have to pry it out of you. *approaches Slam's right side* What are you hiding?

Slam: *grunt translation* Nevermind, Mom. *rolls onto his back*

Nora: *stands over him and looks down* Is this one of those, uhm, what do they call it, onion things?

Slam: *grunt translation* No, this is one of those "drop it and leave it alone" things.

Nora: Well, why don't you want to talk about it?

Slam: *grunt translation* Why do you want to talk about it?! *rolls to his right side*

Nora: *looks from his right side* Then why you blocking?

Slam: *grunt translation* I'm not blocking! *rolls to his left side*

Nora: *goes to left side* Oh, yes, you are.

Slam: *gets up* *grunt translation* *slowly getting angry* Mom, I'm warning you!

Nora: Who you trying to keep out, huh?!

Slam: *as he transforms into Dinobot mode* *grunt translation* EVERYONE! OKAY?!

Nora: *unintimidated* Oh, now we're getting somewhere.

Slam: *grunts in frustration *walks to cliff edge*

Nora: Come on, sweety. What do you have against the whole world, huh?

Slam: *grunt translation* Look, I'm not the one with the problem! It's the world that seems to have a problem with me! People and Bots take one look at me and go, "AH! HELP! RUN! A big, stupid, ugly, monster! *exhale* They judge me before they even know me. That's why I'm better off alone.

Nora finally understands and approaches her son, and climbs onto his massive head and says..

Nora: You know, when we met, I didn't think you were a big, stupid, ugly, monster.

Slam: *sighs* *grunt translation* Yeah, I know.

Nora: And I know the other Dinobots love you almost as much as I do, because you're family, and families are supposed to love and be there for each other. So what if others don't, or can't, understand you. Just know you always have the other Dinobots, Team RWBY, Jaune, Oscar, Pyrrha, Ren, and me. *hugs Slam's head* I love you, my sweet boy, and that will not change, ever.

The pair sit on the edge of the cliff for a little while longer before they decide to return to the Autobot base.

Jaune: Nora! Slam! There you are! We were about to go out looking for you two.

Sludge: Slam, okay?

Slam looks up at Nora, Nora smiles back, Slam then looks at his fellow Dinobots and their families and nodded with a smile, This was a relief to everyone present. Ratchet then approached with a humble expression and seemed to swallow his pride before saying...

Ratchet: Slam, I must apologize for my harsh words earlier. You are young and new to this, and I shouldn't have called you such names before getting to know you first. I'm sorry.

Slam: *series of grunts*

Ratchet: *chuckles* It's like Optimus says often, "there's often more to a person than meets the eye".

*monitor beeps*

Optimus: What is it?

Ratchet: *checks computer* Exposed Energon. Coming from an unknown location.

Optimus: Hmmm, with our Enrgon reserves low again, we can't afford not to investigate. *activates faceplate*

(A/N): Awesome, now what? Well, let's get on with it, I suppose. Tune in next time.

Hope you enjoyed and I'll see you in the next one. PEACE OUT!!!