Resolve

Yang POV

I have just woken up from a nightmare about Adam and losing my arm all over again. I hear some faint laughter coming from downstairs, I grab my jacket and head downstairs to see my dad talking to Professor's Port and Oobleck.

Port: And-and-and then, here comes Qrow wearing a skirt! I was just a TA, so I didn't know what to do, so I just left the room to laugh!

*everyone laughs*

Ty: We told him it was a kilt. He'd never worn a uniform before, so he didn't know.

Oobleck: That is terrible! What is wrong with you?

Ty: Hey! All the girls said he had nice legs, I did that jerk a favor. *laughs* And that wasn't even the best part. He-

Port then put his leg up on the table and said-

Port: 'Like what you see?'

Dad and the teachers continue laughing, even after Port lost his balance and fell over.

Yang: *giggles*

Port: *notices me and gets up frantically* Oh, Ms. Xiao Long. Please, join us.

Oobleck: Yes, yes. *as I walk in* Pull up a chair.

Yang: *hops up on a the counter* I'm good. What are you guys doing here?

Oobleck: Well, contrary to popular belief, we do have lives outside the classroom.

Port: Professor Goodwitch has been working round the clock to restore Beacon back to it's former glory, but Beacon wasn't built in a day and we all need some personal time every now and then.

Ty: Alright, let's not worry about that right now. So there we were, standing in the auditorium, looking at Qrow wearing a skirt. Then Ozpin tells us to work on our landing strategies.

Oobleck: Yes. The Branwen twins were always, interesting, to say the least.

Port: That certainly didn't stop young Ty.

Ty: Hey. Come on, she's right here.

Port: Oh come now, she's a mature young woman. If she can handle combat then she can handle a few jabs at her old man.

Ty: That's not the point, Pete. Besides she's still a teenager.

Yang: *annoyed* She is also in the room and can be directly spoken to. *hops off counter* And I think I've been through enough to be considered an adult.

Ty: Adult or not, you've still got a long way to go before you're ready for the real world.

Yang: *groans* Ugh, Oh my gosh. Does every father figure have to use the same three condescending phrases?!

Ty: Yeah, but we only use them when we really mean it.

Yang: Is that so?

Ty: In fact, it is so. If you honestly think you're ready to go out there on your own, then you must've lost a few brain cells along with that arm.

Everyone looks at my dad appalled by what he just said, but I simply brush it off.

Yang: *punches Ty* You jerk! *laughs*

Oobleck: *whispers* Are we funally talking about the Goliath in the room.

Dad and I laugh pretty hard at this, the teachers join in until we all calm down a bit. Professor Port then asks.

Port: Yang, if you don't mind my asking, why haven't you tried on the arm?

Oobleck: Oh yes! Atlas technology being given out like that is very rare indeed. Not to mention the effort to get it here. A great many people want to see you return to normal.