Chapter 1: Little TaeTae

The car was steadily moving forward through the city. Jin and Namjoon were heading to the other side of Daegu, from their countryside house. The radio was playing quietly. Jin frowned hearing the interview with the guest and turned the volume up a little bit.

'We don't really know what Interdependents are capable of. We have known about them for just 20 years now... They appeared from nowhere immune to the virus that decimated ordinary people. We don't really know what other secrets they have...'

'What do you mean, professor?' the interviewer asked.

'Maybe they are immortal? Maybe they can't be dead! Maybe they are forever young? Who knows?! Their physics seems similar, but the fact that their blood in fact was the main ingredient of the vaccine indicates that they are not quite like other people.... Why did they appear now? What's their reason? Who knows?'

'Do you think they can be dangerous?'

'I'm just saying that the more we will know about them... the safer we will feel. If they don't have any bad intentions... Why are they hiding?'

'Thank you for visiting, profesor...'

Jin turned the radio off.

'That's the most stupid thing I've ever heard about myself...' he growled.

'Shhh... you will wake him up and he will be whiny...' Namjoon said, turning to the left.

Jin lowered his voice, but it was still full of anger.

'Have you heard this nonsense? Forever young?! Immortal?! What the hell... It's not like we can't die! We have slightly longer longevity, and maybe I will look like I'm still 30 when I will be 50, but if someone stabb me, I will fucking die!'

'Unfortunately, there are also people in academia who cannot be convinced by us...' Namjoon sighed. 'When our grandparents decided to appear to the world, they were ready for the society to react distrustful of something new. But after 20 years they should have already known that we are really not so different... Some of them are stirring drama. We can't help it, Jin...'

Jin snorted.

'Now it's just stupid! But stupidity leads to dangerous things... What if they will take us as a threat?'

'Don't think about it, Jin...You will get wrinkles. Till now they are just talking...'

Jin gasped.

'What did say? Wrinkles?! I'm 25 and I'm freaking beautiful!'

Namjoon giggled and peaked at Jin.

'You are. You always were...'

'You are trying to divert my attention...' Jin pouted cutely, crossing his arms over his chest.

'I'm just stating facts, Dr Kim...'

'You were always a cheesy guy

'You were always a cheesy guy...' Jin smiled, looking at Namjoon. Kim Namjoon, an academic teacher, was a gentle person. He had light brown eyes and peach colored hair, which made him look a bit like a golden retriever - Cute and friendly.