Chapter 50: Lost Souls

This chapter is linear to the previous one.

10th of September 2070, Daegu

Yoongi, Wooyoung and San through the last two months thankfully had only one case when they had to use the contact Ryu gave them.

First when in Gumi they found Holder, in his 40s, with separation syndrome. He was in the first stage and got pretty aggressive. He was yelling all the time that "she is not dead". His soulmate was caught up in one of Gumi fights and disappeared. The body was not found. But in this state he was an easy target for someone who would want to use him and a threat to other Sealers. They had to pacify him to take him out of Gumi. But it was suspicious itself... that they couldn't find his Sealer or her body... They managed to check his mark and ask about his Sacred Treasure. He said it was a mirror of dreams. They usually were helping people with insomnia or nightmares. They were often helping to calm down people with separation syndrome until it hit them...

Second case was even weirder... In the middle of August Ren pinpointed to a couple.Teenagers. Two girls. She said it is needed to take them out of Daegu as far as possible and hide them. They were barely kids. Not separated, not having any issues. So Yoongi was hardly against it, till Ren said:

'Hypnosis. That's their power... They are barely children. How easy will it be to use them?'

'Will Song agree to it?'

'He will. I will convince him.'

'You want me to kidnap teenagers...'

'I want you to protect someone from being hypnotized and forced to kill...'

'What about their parents?'

'Figure something out... Tell them they would be able to join them later when it will be safe...'

'They think the city is safe... They think the army is protecting them! You want me to cause panic? Or for them to report us to someone?'

'The only thing I know is that they are on the list! They are the target. They are useful. It's your decision...'

'Fucking shit tell me more!' Yoongi yelled.

'Targets. List of useful powers! The Commanders have it. I have to go. Will tell you more next time!'

It was three weeks ago and Yoongi definitely was losing his patience with Ren now...

But he calculated... What if those kids will indeed be used as a weapon against someone?

So he and Woosan sneakily caught both of the soulmates and explained to them they are in danger without details, using their connection and their parents' safety to scare them. They agreed to be taken out of the city for some time, when Yoongi promised he would take care of their parents.

All of them created a fake scenario that the kids were sent to the private school and power training far away together. Two soulmates literally hypnotized their parents so they wouldn't suffer or look for them.

Yoongi guaranteed them that they would be safe in the north of the country and he would connect them with their parents as soon as possible.

It wasn't hard to scare such young people... They had met not so long ago and they were living surrounded by neverending conflicts in the society.

It was of course a thick lie. But as long as the soulmates agreed and were taken out of the city safely he could bear the guilt...

After seeing them in action, the perspective that he or someone else would be hypnotized like that without being aware of what actually is happening was much more terrifying than the anger of the parents...