Chapter 7: Dragon

January 2060

Two cars were moving through the mountain road one after the other. Minji was silent. Too silent. She wasn't happy about what they had to do and what they needed to do. But she threw away her stubbornness and pride for Jungkook and Taehyung.

Hoseok looked at her, worried. They were alone in the car.

After they talked with boys two days ago, they were glued to each other more than ever.

They didn't let them go to school till the week, so as not to risk even a bit, that their marks will be shown to others. And they let them share the car with Jin and Namjoon, to keep them together when they needed it and when Minji was ready to breathe fire.

Hoseok let her be silent and pissed. He knew she would get over it when it would be time and she didn't have to hold back in front of him.

He sighed and recollected all the things that happened two days ago. 

After the Min's Manifest happened and they discovered the logo of 3EO, they discussed whether they should panic or not.

First of all, not many ordinary people would understand what the marks mean. But on the other hand even one person that would recognize it, knowing the history behind it, would be a threat. The children would be pulled into a political swamp, where every one would try to use them, expect something from them or treat them like some kind of gods they weren't. They were just children. And considering what was happening in Daegu, they would end up in a crossfire between ICI and 3EO.

So they had to find a way to hide their marks better than just under Taehyung's glove and Jungkook's clothes. It was too easy to pull the glove off even just by accident and all that took for Jungkook to go to the swimming pool or change into the locker room before PE classes or basketball practice, and his chest would be exposed.

If they would overlook simple things like that now, and one of their school colleagues would remember it in the future they would be in danger later on. 

When Minji came up with a solution, all agreed to it. But all of them felt heavy when Namjoon said this one sentence:

'We need to explain this to boys... We can't force them to change their marks, without explaining...'

'I don't think Taehyung will understand this... He will be fiercely against it...' Jin sighed.

'He will agree to it...' Hoseok said calmly. 'We have an argument he won't ever go against...' when the rest looked at him, he explained: 'Jungkook's safety.'

Jin nodded and closed his eyes.

'I know... but... I'm so pissed. We are using their bond. And it's not something we should ever do...'

'We are doing this for them. We can predict the consequences... I believe him, when Jaehyun is saying he won't go further, but he is not alone in 3EO... He is intelligent, but the thoughts he has can be used by others to be more ortodox...'

'We need to explain the situation to them as gently as we can... Nothing more we can do.' Hoseok said, looking at 3EO's logo.

Hoseok texted Baekhyun to tell the boys they won't go to school tomorrow and sent them back home. Not one of them slept peacefully that night.

When the boys arrived the next morning, Jin had already prepared breakfast for them. When they all sat by the kitchen table. Taehyung and Jungkook didn't even look at their plates. They didn't stop looking at their parents' fake-calm expressions.

'Are we in trouble?' Jungkook finally broke the silence, trying to think which of their actions could have caused their parents to assemble like that.

'No...' Hoseok shook his head gently, and caressed his hair calmingly.