Chapter 2: Merry-go-round in Kim&Jeon households

Christmas, December, 2051

Almost 3 year old Taehyung was running around the Christmas Tree in Kim's house and Jungkook observed him, giggling while sitting on the carpet. He started to crawl through the floor with determination and with amazement tried to reach one of the sparking bubbles.

'Taehyung, it's dangerous...' Jin warned gently.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook and plopped next to him, stopping him from pulling the bubble from the tree.

'No...' he said, shaking his head.

Jungkook pouted, but sat down next to him patiently.

Minji ruffled Taehyung's hair, and gave Jungkook a biscuit.

'If any of us would try to stop him, we would have the flood already...' she laughed.

Hoseok entered the living room with the plate of kimbap and a Santa hat on his head.

'So you know, Tae... I'm still sulking that the first time Kookie giggled was not because I was behaving like a cheerleader standing on my head and doing back flips but simply because he heard your laughter...'

Taehyung looked at his uncle hearing his name, but didn't seem bothered by the fact that Hobi was jealous of him.

'Well I'm sulking because you were crying your eyes out for an hour after it...' Minji lifted her eyebrow.

'At least your child is not giving you bruises...' Namjoon sighed, showing his forearm, where the scratches from little nails were still visible. 'That's from last week when we tried to take him home from your place...'

'Don't worry, Joon-ah... I ordered pads for you too as a Christmas gift...' Jin patted his husband's shoulder.

'Will I need pads too?' Hoseok looked at Minji with puppy eyes.

'It's your son. Of course you will...' Minji nodded mercilessly. 'You don't expect me to deal with him, right?'

'Love takes no prisoners...' he whined, sitting next to her by the table. He leaned to kiss her cheek. 'Good you are pretty...'

'Yeah, because that's totally the reason you love me...' she rolled her eyes.

'When I see the two of you in the lovely-dovey mood I am afraid...' Jin sighed.

'Why?' Minji laughed.

'Because you two are normal... They are not...' Jin pointed his head to their children. 'Imagine what will happen when they will learn how to talk and sneak out of the house...'

'Why do you think they are not normal?' Hoseok asked, frowning.

Namjoon looked at him and fixed his glasses.

'Well, according to my knowledge... The interdependents' souls are developing just like bodies. That's why usually soulmates can recognize each other around 6-7 year old, when their personality is slightly more mature.'

'What does that mean?' Minji frowned.

'I don't know yet...' Namjoon shrugged. 'Maybe a situation like that happened in the past. Just nobody ever mentioned it. I don't think there is a need to worry about it...'

'Yeah.' Jin nodded. 'They are just our pretty, lovely, mated babies...'

Four adults turned to look at the boys.

Jungkook just ate half of his biscuit and now stretched his hand to Taehyung with the rest, pressing it to his mouth, babbling happily.

Taehyung leaned his head and took a bite, but Jungkook wasn't satisfied until the whole biscuit disappeared.
Taehyung smiled at the younger and pointed at his own nose.