Chapter 20: Unsealing - part 1

Seoul, May 2065

Taehyung, Jungkook and Jimin looked at the desktop of the laptop, which displayed disconnected facecall.

'What the fuck?' Jimin whispered.

'They are sooooo not okay...' Jungkook frowned.

'More to it... they are fucking exhausted... Dad had blood in his hair...' Taehyung whispered.

'They are hiding so much... it just makes me more worried!' Jungkook punched the pillow that was laying on his lap.

Jimin sighed.

'Sorry guys, that I threw you under the bus... I just wanted to cheer them up...'

'Nah, it's okay...' Taehyung brushed his face with his hand. 'At least they smiled for a bit...'

'Yeah...' Jungkook nodded. 'We should take more photos... of our days. We can send them sometimes, but they will be happy to see them when they come back.'

'That's a great idea!' Hwasa smiled, standing in the doors.

Three teenagers looked at her with sad, worried eyes.

'Ma, do you know what's happening? They disconnected so suddenly...' Jungkook asked.

Hwasa frowned.

'No, we didn't get any new information. The situation was the same as yesterday before they contacted us.'

Taehyung was deep in thought. He looked at Hwasa.

'Can we start training?'

Hwasa blinked in surprise.

'But we talked about it already... that it will be better if we start after this semester exams are done...'

'Yeah... But we didn't have to look at the bruises, blood and exhaustion of our parents before...' Taehyung said with a cold tone.

Hwasa looked at Jungkook.

'But are you ready, Kook?'

Jungkook's eyes widened.

'Why are you asking me?'

'Because you are the Sealer. You need to be ready...'

Jungkook snorted.

'I don't think I will be more ready in two months than I already am... And I think the same goes for Yoohyeon, Yeonjun and Minho...'

Hwasa nodded.

'Ok, give me one more month... ok? I need to convince parents of the rest... Unless you want to train without them...'

'And get my ass beaten up by Dami? No, thank you!' Jungkook was fast to answer.

'Yeah... she wouldn't have mercy for any of us...' Jimin shivered dramatically. 'And she always goes straight for the balls... This inhuman bish...'

'Language!' Hwasa shook her head.

'Bish is not a curse.' Jimin said, raising his eyebrow.

'It is in this household!'

Jungkook giggled.

'Yesterday you again called grandpa "an old asshole"...'

Hwasa squinted her eyes.

'I'm an adult!'

'Shouldn't you be more careful with your words with so many years of experience then, ma?' Taehyung smirked cleverly.

'I... Three against one is totally unfair!' Hwasa pouted. 'Go to sleep brats!'