Chapter 40: Coming of Age - Heat of Hearts

'What the fuck was that!?'

Taehyung's hands were squeezing Jungkook's wrists. He brought his face closer to Jungkook's, who gulped hard.

'Answer me! Want everybody to see you like that?! Drool over you?!'

Jungkook closed his eyes and shook his head slowly.

'Then what?! What do you want from me!? Fuck you in the room full fo people?! Do you want it to be like that?!'

Jungkook's lips trembled.

'No...' he whispered.

'I'm fucking frustrated all the time! I'm holding up with the last shreds of will to not distance myself from you or to not make a mistake in the heat of a moment, because you are too much to handle...'

Jungkook opened his eyes.

'Too much to handle?' he asked quietly. 'I understand... I'm sorry...' he whispered, turning his head to the side.

Taehyung pressed his forehead to Jungkook's temple.

'I didn't mean it like that...'

'No, Tae...'Jungkook whispered. 'I am really sorry... I felt... a bit of excitement and challenge... I thought if... I dare you... You will see that... you don't have to be so careful...'

His lips twisted in a bitter smile.

'You are again restraining yourself... hurting yourself... because of me... And I don't know how to show you that you don't have to...'

The grip around Jungkook's wrists softened. Taehyung cuddled his face into Jungkook's hair.

'The recent dreams... are so full of warmth... fire... longing... Connection.'

They were silence for a long time until Jungkook choked out:

'Sometimes I feel so old, Tae... I feel my soul is calling you... And you are not replying...'

Taehyung lifted his head to look at Jungkook's profile, while the other had still closed eyes. His fingers slid through Jungkook's forearm and arm gently, when he reached his chin and delicately made him turn his head. He caressed his cheek and eyelids, till Jungkook looked at him. 

'I didn't mean to make you mad...' Jungkook said quietly. 'The idea... was to provoke you and I am sorry for that... But when I started to dance, and you were there, looking at me... I just hoped... you will see I am not a kid anymore...'

'We both are pretty stupid I guess...' Taehyung whispered. His mouth was rubbing the corner of Jungkook's lips when he spoke.

Taehyung was so focused on Jungkook's body. On the physical aspects of them being close...that he overlooked... what was hidden behind...

And Jungkook still... didn't get rid of those insecurities and complexes of the younger one...

'Baby... you are a brat...' Taehyung said mercilessly. 'But definitely I don't see you as a kid.'

He smiled, pecked Jungkook's lips and rolled out of him to lay next.

'Fucking shit! You really crossed the line this time!' he exhaled.

A slow smile appeared on Jungkook's lips.

'Was I hot?'

'Don't even go there...' Taehyung whined, feeling his insides twisted. He threw his arm over his eyes.

'You liked it?'

'Fuck! Shut up! I don't want to recollect it!'

'I honestly didn't think it would affect you this much...' Jungkook said with a hint of amusement.