Chapter 35: Inside the Mist

'Hi, mom...' Jungkook said, not amused at all. 'Haven't I asked you to not do stupid shit?'

Minji parted her lips.

'Jungkook! Don't make me go there!'

'Not really the time, mom. We are already here... So either you will yell at us or lead us...'

Hoseok put a hand on Minji's shoulder.

'You are distracting them... And we need them.' he said tiredly.

Minji looked at his red, swollen from smoke eyes. The gray dust on his face. She was golding up with sheer willpower. And Hoseok was holding only for her and the rest.

She nodded.

'Taehyung... will you manage?' Hoseok asked through mindlink.

'We will. We will just push them back from this place, and go inside...'

'Dad, put down your shield. Minsung will keep the barrier.' Jungkook said. 

'You want us to Stay inside?!' Minji opposed.

Hoseok squeezed her shoulder and put down the light barrier. Bora and Siyeon run inside the ruins.

Minji turned to her sister.

'I can't believe...'

Bora held her shoulders and shook her.

'Stop it Minji! Stop it! Let it go for once! You are on the verge of exhausting yourself and Hobi! How long you haven't sealed him?! Seal him. We are here! We have to take care of Jin and Namjoon. I saw what they can do! Believe me they are not here to play!'

Minji sighed.

'Okay...' she nodded. 'Okay... Come!'

The four of them run to Baekhyun and Chanyeol sitting beside the altar. Half of the Gyesan Cathedral was destroyed. One of the towers collapse. The side entrance was blocked by ruins. The remains of broken stained glass windows and shattered pews were everywhere. So was the cold. 

Siyeon and Bora went pale at once, seeing Namjoon and Jin, covered by their friends' clothes. To give them a bit of warmth they could.

They looked at Namjoon and Siyeon kneeled next to Jin.

'They were sealed?' Bora asked.

'No...' Minji pointed to the bandage hanging from Jin's fingers and covering Namjoon's chest. 'But Jin collapsed before he could start to heal him. And Joon is exhausted that his regenerating power is keeping him alive, but not healing him...'

Siyeon touched Jin's face.

'Jin... wake up...' she ordered, using her power.

Jin's fingers twitched. But it was all the reaction they received.

'He can't hear me...' Siyeon said.

Bora kneeled next to her and took out the first aid kit.

'We will do what we can, but we have to transport them as they are...' she looked at Baekhyun. 'Baek, I need you to think about any place closer than Seoul. Safe place where we can take them... With some healer we know or some trusted doctors...'

Baek nodded and took out the map.

'And how will we transport them there?' Hoseok asked.

'Your boys will figure something out, I'm sure of it.' Bora said, focusing on cleaning Namjoon's wound around the metal rod that was stuck in his chest.

Suddenly the series of gunshots were heard and Minji and Hoseok ran to the break in the thick walls to check what was happening. They were scared to yell or ask, because they didn't want to distract kids.