Chapter 10: The Shadow of Samhain

31st of October / 1st of November 2062, Seoul

'It was just a memory...'

Taehyung blinked. Jungkook frowned.

'A memory?' they asked together, confused.

'You... don't remember?' Jiyong looked at them surprised.

They both shook their heads.

Jin, Namjoon, Hoseok and Minji looked at each other. They were relieved. So much pain was in their voices when they were in that strange state of mind they didn't want their sons to feel the pain from centuries ago, that two different people suffered enough already from.

'People it's 3 a.m. can anybody explain what is going on?' Chanyeol asked.

'We probably should...' Namjoon sighed, pressing his fingers to his eyes. 'Sit down everybody. Kookie, Tae you too...'

Something in his voice alerted Taehyung so he immediately made sure Jungkook wouldn't go an inch away from him. He pulled him to the armchair and they squeezed each other there.

'So first things first...' Namjoon looked at Jungkook and Taehyung. 'You two were always a little bit special even in Interdependents measure... You could recognize each other's souls instantly, when it's common to be able to do it when the person is around 5 or 6. Your mark is special too. Normally the marks are unique and as we told you it's similar to the first interdependents' - Taegan and Jeryn - mark...'

'Well it's not really similar...' Hoseok said, stroking Jungkook's hair. 'It's the same.'

'What does that mean?' Taehyung asked, looking at his palm with his reshaped at the moment mark.

'Probably that your power is really strong...' Jiyong explained simply.

'And that's why you sometimes can have dreams or flashbacks of the previous holders and sealers who worn this mark.' Jin added gently. 'That's what we suspect at least...'

Jungkook's eyes widened and he looked worried at his mom.

'Don't worry, Kookie, it doesn't mean that you are not you. You didn't inherit the characteristics, features or feelings they had. That only belongs to you... as an individual human being...' Minji smiled calmingly.

'Maybe some really meaningful or painful events from the past were carved out in your souls, so sometimes in dreams or on Samhain nights like yesterday, when your minds are wandering away from reality, these parts can surface, but nothing is wrong with that it won't affect who you are. Maybe just help you to understand each other more...' Namjoon said with a deep, steady voice, the boys knew they could trust.

So they nodded slowly, peeking at each other with corners of their eyes.

'But what actually happened today?' Jungkook asked.

'You passed out, out of nowhere! I got gray hair because of you!!' Jimin pointed at his shining blond head.

'Jimin.' Baekhyun's stern voice told him to shut up and let the adults explain in some kind of gentle way, so the kids won't get scared.

Jimin pouted and crossed his arms over his chest.

'As you know... Samhain is special event... it connects the souls from all the times.' Jin said slowly.

'When I was 17,' Siyeon started. '...during Samhain, I closed my eyes and I saw a girl in my mind. I saw her so real, trying to hide her giggles, with the other girl. Some years later I met Bora. And I knew it was her at that time. I didn't know her. Never saw her. But at that one night she was so real to me... as she is today... '