Chapter 62: Caim

16th of November 2071, Uljin

'We have a request...'

The worried expression on parents' faces softened.

'What request?' Jin asked gently, smiling lightly.

They would do anything to make the boys easy. Help them feel more confident. Namjoon was ready to get the whole MOI and all armies of the world to surround the city of Daegu if that was what boys would need.

The heavy burden was on their sons' shoulders... They would give up anything to take some of it on themselves...

Jungkook felt Taehyung slowly caressing the inner of his palm with his thumb and took a deep breath.

'Before we go to Daegu the day after tomorrow... we want to make vows... tie the knot... get married...' Jungkook's voice was getting quieter with each word, but there was no hesitation in it.

'Can you make that happen?' Taehyung looked at Namjoon, while gulping.

In the first moment the four parents in the room felt excited butterflies in their stomach. A soft sweet feeling.

Hoseok almost let out a squeal... Jin teared up...

But when the shock, caused by the words passed, they noticed their boys' pale faces. Their desperately intertwined fingers... Their bodies glued closely as if they wanted to hide in each other.

Namjoon understood first. His eyes widened with pain. His gaze met Taehyung's, who whistand it with equal misery in his eyes. Namjoon's eyes slowly traveled to Jungkook, whose eyelids were reddened. He looked so... tired.

Jin turned away from them, covering his mouth with his palm to stop the shivering.

Minji gritted her teeth and lifted her gaze from the floor at her barely 21- and not even 23- year old sons.

She grunted holding to the denial and anger.

'We understand... But it is not the right time, guys...'

'B-but...' Jungkook opened his mouth.

Minji shook her head and raised her palm to stop him.

'No discussion. There are still lot of things to do.'

Not looking at them she passed Jungkook and walked out.

Confused and distraught, Jungkook looked at Taehyung, not knowing what to do and how to react.

Taehyung squeezed his hand calmingly, leaned to his ear and whispered:

'Wait here. I will take care of everything...' he assured him gently and walked away after Minji.

Together with Taehyung's presence, Jungkook's peace started to vanish. His eyes fell to the floor.

'Can you tell us, why now?' Namjoon asked quietly.

'No matter what I say... it will hurt you...' Jungkook replied and his eyes fell to the floor.

Hoseok knew that if Minji wasn't strong enough at the moment, to give their sons comfort, he had to be. They were two sides of the same coin... They were keeping each other in balance.

'We are your parents... we are prepared to get hurt...' he said calmly.

Jungkook lifted his eyes at him.

When his silence was prolonged, Jin took a deep breath and turned to him.

'You are scared.' he stated.

'I'm terrified...' Jungkook whispered, gulping his eyes.

'Is it a way to give you more peace?' Hoseok asked hopefully.