Chapter 5: Genesis

December 2056

Jin was preparing dishes for Christmas standing near the kitchen counter and checking from time to time through the window at Jungkook who was playing in the snow in the garden.

Minji dropped him by and Jin sent her for grocery shopping. Hoseok was at the meeting of the Pedagogical Council at school and he would take Taehyung from his school on his way back. Namjoon closed himself in his home office checking some papers.

It was just before Christmas that they wanted to spend time at Kims place. It was actually the last time they would spend Christmas together here.

They bought the houses in Seoul which were currently under renovation. They decided that as soon as Taehyung's semester will be over in March they will move to Seoul, so the kids could start the new year at a new place with a fresh account. Jungkook would start his first year at Elementary School and Taehyung would join the third grade with Jimin.

Jin knew he would miss this house that held so many memories...

Their first night as a married couple when they slept on the floor in sleeping bags too excited to wait for furniture...

Their first microwave - before somehow Namjoon made it explode...

Every time Namjoon held him in his arms, crying, when he was exhausted from studying and taking night shifts at the hospital...

He and Namjoon painting walls of the baby room...

Taehyung's first steps...

Kookie's and Tae's first Christmas together...

But they were safely placed in his heart... In every photo they took, in every video they recorded...

And the new place was waiting to fill it with new memories of their growing up children. 

Suddenly his phone rang and Jin frowned, seeing the school calling.

'Kim Seokjin speaking...' he picked up the call. His eyes widened when he was listening to the principal secretary's words. 'WHAT?! IS HE ALRIGHT?!' he listened to the next words and his jaw dropped. 'WHAT?!! Yes, yes of course... I will be there in half an hour...'

He fastly disconnected and opened the door to the kitchen.

'Kookie! Come home fast!'

Jungkook was spacing out, looking at the horizon.

'Jungkook!?'

'Coming!' he ran to Jin.

'I will go pick up Taehyung from school, ok?'

'Can I go with you?'

'No this time, honey... Take your coloring books and go to uncle Joonie's office, ok?'

Jungkook spaced out again, looking Jin fastly putting on his coat. His thoughtful face was a bit unusual. As if he wanted to grasp something but couldn't.

'You will bring Tae?' he asked with big puppy eyes.

'Yes, I will.'

Jungkook nodded obediently and took off his shoes, jacket and hat, leaving it on the kitchen chair. Jin helped him collect the crayons and coloring books and led him to Namjoon's office. He gave him fluffy headphones and his ipod.

'Uncle is working, so listen to music and try to be quiet but if something happens just call him, ok?'

Jungkook nodded.

'I will be a good boy, just bring my Tae home...'

'Ok, honey...' Jin fastly kissed his head and stood in front of the door a bit hesitant to knock. Should he tell Namjoon what happened? He closed his eyes. Not yet... He had to know more about the situation. He entered the office.