Chapter 52: Echoes

7th of May 2071, Daegu

Jungkook had a light sleep since he woke up from the coma. Or more like he didn't like to sleep most of the time. But usually, tired of thinking and fighting with his own mind to remember something... anything... he was falling into short naps during the whole day.

He rarely left the room, trying to decide which version to believe in.

But out of the two he heard... he simply hoped the version Yoongi told him was the right one...

Maybe it was a foolish hope... But out of the two - Taeil and Yoongi - he preferred savage, straight forward Yoongi, who definitely didn't try to get close to him on purpose.

And had too much to lose it seems.

Some parts of his story were hard to believe in... The online friend for example...

But wasn't fate always hard to believe in?

So for the last few days, basically since the incident near the gate, he rarely was coming out of the room. He was answering shortly, when Taeil or his friends were coming by. He was a bit more talkative with Yoongi, his sister or his friends, but still not open.

He wasn't against them. But if all this conspiracy theory of kidnapping was indeed true and he was 80% sure it was... he must have lulled Taeil's vigilance that he didn't suddenly get super close with Yoongi.

And he had to plan how to behave... to gain as much as he could from all this.

For him, right now, the most annoying think was the fucking tracking device in his back shoulder... That was the most convincing thing Yoongi had told him... Only five people had them... Because they wanted to keep them here. Even a sick person such as Yoongi's mom...

So Jungkook was thinking to the point of overthinking and questioning everything, even the mark on his chest... He was walking around the room because thinking about laying on the bed even for one more minute was making him sick.

Because even overthinking and being without a single point to hold on to and trust was better than the moments after waking up from dreams.

He got used to those dreams about battles, death, blood with different people.

But waking up... still in half a sleep state when his body was making an unconscious moves was a torture.

He was waking up, automatically moving his hand to his waist, as if he wanted to put a hand on the arm that used to lay there...

He was dozing off and caughting himself carefully changing his position as if he didn't want to wake someone next to him...

He was waking up and his fingers were going to his stomach, stopping in the midair as if he was expecting the head to be pressed there...

The automatic, unconscious reactions of his muscles... before his mind was coming to reality... were reminding him constantly... that someone was there... and he was not here now...

So when his sleepy mind made his eyelashes flutter, he was again prepared for a heartbreak...

But tonight... it was different.

He woke up feeling he couldn't move or open his eyes... He was struggling to open them, scream or move... but he couldn't.

There was a presence in the room... Someone was around...

He forced himself to breathe deeply and focus on hearing...

When he steadied his breath, he heard an annoyed click of the tongue.