Chapter 49: Eclipse of the Sun

20th of September 2070, Seoul

Taehyung couldn't take a breath. His vision got blurry.

Raindrops were running down his hair, face and body.

But his eyes were painfully dry.

The darkness enveloped him, when he heard Jin screaming:

'Taehyung! Breathe! Do you hear me?!'

Someone shook him, grabbing his arms.

'Tae! Breathe!'

Breathe?

How?

There was no air around...

Koo...

Where are you?

I have to breathe...

I can't without you...

'Tae!' Minho crouched down in front of him and slapped his cheeks few times. 'Tae! He was kidnapped! Not killed!'

I know...

If Jungkook would be seriously hurt, Taehyung would know instantly. His body would have an instant physical reaction, just like Hoseok's body because of Minji...

'Are you going to sit here like a damsel in distress and let him save himself!? Or are we going to do something!?'

Taehyung suddenly took a sharp intake of air.

His eyes changed. Became dark like the ones of the shark.

His fist closed on the beads of the bracelet.

'Call Yoohyeon! Now! Tell her to check the whole monitoring system in the city!'

Jin looked above Taehyung's shoulders to see more cops around. He got up and nodded to Han to put the shields down. He walked to them.

'We are sorry for our reaction.' he said quickly. 'There was a second person in the car. His mother was taken to the hospital, but he is nowhere to be found. You can blame us later, just help us now!'

The young female police officer looked at him and nodded.

'Okay! Tell us the details...'

'A man. 20 year old. 179 cm tall. Slim. Light brown hair. Dark brown eyes.' Jin looked through his phone. 'Here is the latest picture...'

'We will call the searching team with dogs.' she looked around on the mildly busy street that the traffic was currently stopped at. 'But if he was taken inside another vehicle we will have to look through the cameras. This street is usually not busy and there are no cameras here. Now let the crime investigation section do their job before the rain will destroy the evidence.'

'Thank you...' Jin nodded and gave her all the contact numbers and his own personal details to contact.

'You are one of Interdependants...' she said hesitantly looking at Han and Minho, whose power she witnessed.

Jin's eyes darkened.

'We are. Does it change anything?'

She shook her head.

'I will ask some Cops with special powers to help... There are hiding between us. But I know which of them can help...'

'Please do...' Jin looked at her pleadingly. 'Please...'

She nodded but her eyes were sad. As if she didn't have much hope.

Jin turned to the boys. Taehyung was still looking around, trying to notice something. Anything....