Chapter 53: Taboo

10th June 2071, Republic of Daegu

We will not yield.

We will not be fooled by promises as before.

We are grateful to the UN and NATO for acting in favor of the Interdependents. We hope it will change the world.... At its own pace. But until the Korean Government withdraws the troops across the river and leaves the border towns where they are subjected to senseless and baseless attacks day after day.

We demand the withdrawal of the Army. And when minority rights are realistically enacted into South Korean law.... When we see actions not words, the Republic of Daegu will return to Korea.

Until then... we will be at war.

Statement of Min Kyung, the President of Daegu

13th June 2071, Andong Province

Red Alert's second base in Andong was a small wooden house in the forest. They were using it basically to sleep, between moving through the main cities in the Republic.

Taehyung, Minji and Minho one after another entered the skyscraper with hundreds of normal apartments for normal people. It took Minji and Hoseok 2 months to trace and get in contact with Ryu's people. And they finally pinpointed this place.

They knocked on the doors on the 10th floor. A short woman opened the door and looked at them calmly but consciously.

'How can I help you?' she asked.

'My name is Jiu.' Minji started, smiling friendly. 'Can we talk?'

'About what?' She barricaded the door with her whole body, as if she didn't want to let them in.

'Something you don't want to talk about in the corridor, when everybody can hear us...' Minji said.

'Then excuse me, but...'

Taehyung fastly took off his glove and showed her his mark.

'Please...' he whispered. 'We want to help... and we need help.'

She was looking for a moment at the mark. Then at Taehyung. Then at Minji.

'My son... is missing...' Minji said quietly. 'We just want to talk...'

She hesitantly turned her head, and exclaimed:

'Girls! Go to your room!'

'What?! Why!?'

'Now! I will call you!'

There were no additional protests. Just fast, almost panicked moves and doors closing sounds.

'Come in...' the woman said and moved from the doors. 'Just speak quietly. Girls are barely 17... I don't want them to panic.'

She looked at Taehyung.

'Who are you and what do you want?'

'You know Song Ryu? You were in his main squad, right?' Minji asked.

'How do you know that?' the woman whispered, shocked.

'We met a few of your people. And few of the people you rescued...'

'It should be a secret...' she started to shake her head.

'Bang Yongguk. Ryu's father. We know all the routes you organized to save people from Daegu.' Minji explained.

'Bang Yongguk? The CEO of ICI? He is Song's father? And who the fuck are you people!?'

'Military Organization of Interdependants...' Minjis said.