Chapter 8: Young souls

March 2061

12 year old Min Gahyeon barged into her brother's room without knocking.

15 year old Min Yoongi sitting on his bed slowly raised his head, from above the manhwa book he was reading

'How many times do I need to remind you to knock?' he said quietly, raising his eyebrow.

'Mom said I should check if you are dressed... And I see that you are not, oppa...' she crossed her arms over her chest.

'I'm not going...' Yoongi said calmly and focused again on the book.

Gahyeon gasped.

'But it's your birthday!'

'It's just a shitshow uncle Kyung made dad organized to gain more followers...' Yoongi said, shaking his head. 'Tell Taeil he can take my place... I'm not a clown that will entertain all those rich investors...'

'It's not Taeil's birthday but yours.' Gahyeon whined, laying on the bed next to her brother. 'And you know how many people from school will be here. And you are Student Council President...'

'What our dear cousin, Taeil, didn't forgive me for till this day...' Yoongi said mockingly.

'Taeil is just Taeil. If he would be a Student Council President he would just throw all of his work on someone else...'

'So he can just do what he is good at... flexing about other's achievements...'

'Yoooongiiii... mom will be disappointed...' Gahyeon whined.

Yoongi rolled his eyes.

'Just tell her I'm sick...'

'She will come here like a wind if I say that...'

'Then let her come.' Yoongi shrugged.

Gahyeon made puppy eyes.

'Don't make me go there alone oppa...'

Yoongi sighed. His little sister was actually one and only person for which he could threw away his non-fucks-given attidude.

'I will think about it...' he finally said.