Chapter 45: Primal Fear

March 2069

Again two young lovers surprised their parents.

They all expected that as soon as Taehyung would enter the house they would close themselves in their little world. Wanting to be alone and catch up with all unholy things they were robbed of because of separation.

Instead they were glued to each other in such a gentle and tender way as if they wanted to soothe the longing with daily, domestic touches.

While Jungkook was helping Jin with the dinner and Hoseok and Namjoon were sitting by the kitchen table listening to Taehyung's story, Taehyung had his hand on Jungkook's lower back constantly.

When Minji came back, she hugged the hell out of Taehyung, telling him how handsome and manly he is, looking above his head at Jungkook. She smirked and he just squinted his eyes at her in response, warningly.

He grunted and pulled the back of Taehyung's t-shirt to make him sit on the chair next to his.

Taehyung looked at him and for a moment they were lost in each other's eyes.

The whole world disappeared for them.

They hadn't heard when Namjoon called them.

They hadn't heard Hoseok's amused snort.

Minji sneakily took a picture of this moment to tease them later, but... when she lifted her eyes again at them, there she understood the sacred moment between them.

The unspoken, amazed talk of their eyes.

You are here...

I'm so happy...

I finally can see you...

I finally can sense you around...

Then Taehyung nuzzled his forehead to Jungkook's temple and the younger smiled slightly scrunching his nose. 

Jin coughed.

'Finished staring at each other? We are still here you know...' He raised his eyebrow.

Jungkook looked down timidly, but Taehyung teasingly looked at his dad.

'Oh, you are? I haven't noticed...'

'You brat!' Jin laughed and threw an apple at his face.

Taehyung caught it swiftly without even thinking much about it. He wanted to bite on it, but Jungkook looked sternly at him and took it out of his hand.

'Eat dinner first.'

Hoseok giggled.

'Time for roasting and explanation... Why haven't you eaten well Taehyung?'

'I did!'

Jungkook glared at his boyfriend, without a word and started to eat his food.

'I really did!' Taehyung whined, looking at him with puppy eyes.

Jungkook ignored him.

'Koooooo...' he cried out, pulling his shoulder. 'I've sent you a lot of pictures right?'

Jungkook just raised his eyebrow looking at his chopsticks with noodles.

'There were just a lot of fast days going. We were moving to a lot of locations and running around... But I ate!'

'Something beside chocolate and fruits?' Jin poured the oil on the fire.

'Dad!'

Jungkook gritted his teeth.