Chapter 59: Anta Qadarii

Jungkook didn't ask where Taehyung was going. He didn't raise his head from his neck. Didn't open his eyes. Didn't actually do anything besides having his arms tightly wrapped around Taehyung's neck and breathing his scent into his lungs.

The cold air was surrounding them. The snow was falling on them.

He sometimes felt how Taehyung was wrapping his arms tighter around his body, as if he wanted to make sure he was still holding him.

It was breaking Jungkook's heart. Just like shivers that were running through Taehyung's body from time to time. And the way he slightly was tilting his head to brush his lips over Jungkook's temple. 

Their closeness didn't bring them even a bit of peace as it supposed... Quite the opposite. They felt like people, who starved for days and suddenly were given food.

They see it. Feel it's sent. Almost feel the taste in their mouth...

They wanted to reach for it... but were afraid... Deadly afraid someone will snatch the food away from them as soon as they stretch their hands... Leaving them devastated by the hope that sparked inside them. 

Nothing felt real.

The arms. The scents... Even the sound of their breaths. 

They were so scared... Terrified, it was just a dream that they shut themselves even from each other. Leaving just this one shaken red thread that was connecting them all this time - keeping them sane.

Feeling their own pain and the pain of the other one was too much to handle at once. So they just shut themselves. 

Jungkook didn't know how much time passed, when Taehyung wings suddenly changed their furious movements to the gentle ones, when they started to fall down.

He felt the moment Taehyung's feet touched the ground softly and made him reach the ground too.

For a moment they were standing like that. So close yet parted by months of separation. Not moving at all. Trying to regain the shreds of control over themselves.

Finally Jungkook opened his eyes slowly and looked above Taehyung's shoulder, just to close them right after.

A familiar garden, dusted with snow, sparkling in the moonlight...

Twin houses, sleeping in the quiet city... The dark windows looked so sad and scary.

'I didn't know where to go...' Taehyung whispered, leaning his face to Jungkook's shoulder.

Jungkook moved a bit and took Taehyung's hand without a word.

He gulped hard, making the first step towards Kims' house. Each step was making it harder to breathe, being too fast and not being fast enough at the same time.

When Jungkook reached the patio doors, he moved his hand and the lock made a click. The door opened, showing the cold and dark inside of the house. 

Taehyung looked at Jungkook's profile, when the other was staring inside the darkness not moving at all. With his eyes not seeing the things he was looking at, but memories... Memories this place held...

Taehyung looked down and squeezed Jungkook's cold palm, while making a move with his own. All the candles in the house lightened up suddenly, dispersing the darkness slightly. Showing a bit of light here and there.

He pulled Jungkook inside and closed the doors. It was really cold here. Nobody lived here for a while...

With a heavy heart Taehyung brushed away the inside panic that couldn't leave him and gave Jungkook the time alone.