Chapter 32: Iron Wall

20th of January, 90 days since the outbreak of war

The situation wasn't calming down. Insead the conflict was swallowing not just Daegu. But surrounding areas where Interdependants didn't feel safe before.

But Daegu... the core of the war... the brutality was getting out of control. Interdependants were doing everything not to kill. But inside the enraged crowd it was hard.

Terrorists were supplying non-Interdependants with guns and amunition, but even when they didn't have it... they were making the weapons from everything they could get. Molotov cocktails were in use daily. As Interdependants were well organized under the commandments of Min Kyung, ISA's agents and all their supporters that cooperated with them were mainly trying to prevent killing innocent. No matter what and who it was. Women, children, and men that weren't fighting were under the protection of Na Inho's order.

They were gathering materials, recording everything they could to publish; they weren't the ones that were attacking.

They were the ones that were defending themselves.

The next troops of the military were sent to Deagu and surrounding areas with the strict order they were sent to calm the situation in the crowd. The President of Korea was now controlling the decisions of the Generals of the Army.

But the opposition wasn't sleeping. His main rival in the next election took the chance and published the statement that the President's decisions lacked stability and the people were dying because of him.

Under the pressure, President orders changed. The Military now had to capture everybody: Interdependent and non-Interdependents that were taking part in fights on the streets. The orders were simple: nip conflict in the bud before the elections.

But even being in danger of being captured by the Military, Yoongi, San and Wooyoung were on the streets. Delivering wounded people to ISA's safeties. They had few healers. They had few trusted people that were still making food and delivering it.

All citizens were asked to spare water, food and energy however they could. The fuel started to be a problem so they found soulmates that were able to control electricity to at least move electric cars.

In the underground the city was still alive...

It was raining heavily. Making everything blurred and slippery. Making clothes heavy. It was hard to hear anything around...

Yoongi was running with a child in his arms. He gave it to his parents and looked around to check on San, who was above his head. The shots were heard... San dodged the bullet swiftly but more of them came.

Yoongi saw someone with a shotgun on the rooftop aiming at San. In slow motion he saw this one bullet. The bullet that should hit San's back...

'SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!'

He heard Wooyoung's desperate scream and saw him flying in San's direction with incredible speed. The rain and the heavy wind indicated the storm was coming - was slowing him down.

There was no way he could possibly reach him...

Yoongi for a moment didn't breathe. Time stopped. He didn't hear anything. There was nothing around.

Just San and the bullet.

Nothing.

No time.

No space around.

Not even a slightest sound.

He was in an absolute void.

Each moment was like stretching in time. Each motion was taking forever. He saw San turning around, hearing Wooyoung's scream...