Chapter 34: Red String

2nd of November 2067, 372 days since the outbreak of war - Seoul

Jungkook and Taehyung took bags from the room. Siyeon and Bora were standing in the door frames.

'What do you think you are doing?' Bora asked.

'What we should have done a long time ago - we are bringing our parents back.' Taehyung answered, putting on the hoodie.

'And you think we will allow you?!' Siyeon yelled.

'You are going with us.' Jungkook informed them, grabbing just a few things and throwing it to backpack.

'Kookie, I know the situation is hard, but you are just...' Bora started calmingly, but Jungkook cut her off.

'Mom is there.' he looked at her. 'Don't tell me you don't want to go...'

Bora closed her mouth.

'She wouldn't want you to risk...' Siyeon said gently.

'I didn't want her to risk either. Yet she did.' Jungkook said unfazed. 'We are going to grandpa. You can yell at us on the way...'

'I'm ready.' Jimin said standing in the doors.

'He won't let you go...' Bora said quietly.

'We will see...' Taehyung said harshly and passed them.

Jungkook followed after him.

Bora and Siyeon looked at each other.

They could try to calm the boys on their way and hope Dragon will convince them to wait. Or he will fail and trigger Jungkook and Taehyung to the point they won't mind going against them...

'Okay...' Bora smirked involuntarily. 'Jeeze... he reminds me of her so much...'

'Well, if Dragon couldn't win with her... he won't with him either...' Siyeon grinned as well, and they both started to run after boys. 

Yoohyeon received the message from Dami and started to pack a bag with all the electronic gadgets she owned, laptop and some training clothes. It was over 11 pm.

She had to somehow sneak out of the house and her parents were in the living room...

On her tiptoes she went downstairs and heard her parents' worried voices. They were talking about Namjoon and Jin. She could hear Jennie's voice trembling slightly...

She passed the dimmed corridor and reached the door successfully. She stretched her hand to the doorknob and her fingers... stopped before she could touch it.

She closed her eyes. She couldn't do it...

Not like that.

Not leaving them like that...

She stood in the doors to the living room. 

'Mom, dad... I have to go...' she said quietly.

Jennie looked at her with slight surprise and curiosity.

'Go where, honey? Do you want to see Dami? I will drive you if you need her...'

Yoohyeon took a deep breath and looked straight into her mother's eyes.

'We are going to save uncles.' she informed them.

Kai blinked, then he got pale.

'ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!?'

'Dad, listen...'

'WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!'

Yoohyeon squinted her eyes.