Chapter 13: 2064

October 2063, Daegu

Yoongi was in his music studio. It was the 12th of October. Samhain was approaching and he again was reminded of the voice he heard during the last celebration at midnight. He forgot about it, considering the dumbsterfire that happened after, but lately he caught himself humming the tune in his head. 

He had just one phrase. And he already checked hundreds of songs with this phrase and it wasn't it. He couldn't find the matching melody. So he came to the conclusion that it was a made up melody and a random phrase someone was singing during Samhain.

And by someone... he meant - his soulmate. Who else could he have such a hard connection to, that he could hear their voice, even being separated by unknown distance?

Soulmate with the voice of an angel...

So he started to write the lyrics that would match this one phrase and this voice. He never considered himself as the romantic type, but this "Just let me love you" moved something in him. He crossed out and changed words, played with metaphors, not entirely satisfied with the effect. Some parts were good, others needed rethinking.

Being stuck inside the words, he switched to the music. He recreated the beat and the melody of this one sentence he heard and somehow the chorus led him to the other notes of stanzas. Thinking about the red string of destiny that tangled to interdependants life he went back to writing, playing the melody he created.

The song started to have the right shape and not even knowing it - he had a light smile on his lips. 

He particularly liked this one part so he posted it on DailyDiaryApp.

I'm scared, just as much as my heart flutters

Because destiny keeps getting jealous of us

I'm just as scared as you 

He was going to work some more on the lyrics, but before he could go back to it he got the notification.

CHIMISLOVE: That hit me hard and made me soft at the same time... 🥺

Yoongi frowned. He already memorized this nickname as this person usually had some nice words or deep thoughts about his short posts.

SUGA: Thanks.

CHIMISLOVE: You really are good with words.

SUGA: I don't know if the whole thing is good tho...

CHIMISLOVE: Oh? There is more to it? Show me! Show me!🥰

SUGA: You wish bish! It's not finished... And why would I show you?🙄

CHIMISLOVE: Because I'm your fanboy and I will appreciate it!

Yoongi blushed a little. He had a fanboy... What the fuck?!

His fingers hesitated a bit before he typed.

SUGA: Well I was struggling with this... I have vague experience in lovey-dovey things...

CHIMISLOVE: Then hit me up. I'm an expert!😌

Yoongi raised his eyebrow at the statement.

SUGA: Soooo full of yourself...

CHIMISLOVE: Yup! That's me. But the offer was sincere...

SUGA: Aren't you a brat? How can you be an expert?

CHIMISLOVE: "I have lived a thousand lives and I've loved a thousand loves. I've walked on distant worlds and seen the end of time. Because I read."