Chapter 16: Spark

For Min Yoongi the whole fucking year was like 360 degree turn in his life. It changed completely. And it changed him.

First of all, the reading and dealing with the last will of his father that he had to attend, was a nightmare. Endless meetings that lasted till late at night. Endless fights with his uncle about what he should and shouldn't do.

As he and Gahyeon were the ones that inherited the company, Kyung tried to push him to take over it. And Yoongi was hardly opposed to it. Neither he wanted to deal with something connected to business, nor had he had the skills and knowledge to do it. He stated it clearly.

He asked his uncle to take leadership of the company and guide Gahyeon, and Kyung agreed. Although Yoongi knew his father's opinion about his uncle's reckless decision making, he required to have the final word in three areas: appointing heads of departments, concluding long-term cooperation agreements and making any changes in company policy. There were two people of the company that he said also have to agree to any decision made by the company - first, was his father's friend and the head of the Financial Department - that Yoongi wished would teach Gahyeon everything she should know. And the second was his father's long-term lawyer.

Kyung said that if he wants to deal with the company this way, he can in the end do it by himself, because he as the CEO won't have much free hand to make any decisions. But Yoongi was stable, he said that if Kyung doesn't want to be the CEO, they can choose the person they can hire for this position.

In the end Kyung agreed. He was also still the head of the 3EO and second in command in ISA.

Did Yoongi agree for 3EO and ISA to stay as it was? No - as the organization was a different matter and not the part of the company.

Did he have anything to say in this matter? No.

Did he think they should have been destroyed? No.

Why? Because the things that were happening were getting dangerous. And he couldn't see anything else close to ISA, that could stop the attacks on Interdependents...

But the real reason for him to join ISA and being the lead person there was - he could use it as a tool to hunt the terrorists that killed his father.

At some point during his first year there, he realized, that after his father's death 3EO still existed just to be cover for ISA.

So his second reason to stay there was to control them and observe them, the best way he could.

He and Taeil were responsible for leading the small intervention groups they divided the agents in. As none of them had their soulmates and couldn't use their powers, they had the obligation to control the emotions of the "couples" that were the parts of strike units and to keep the low profile of the intervention they performed.

At the beginning Yoongi hadn't trusted anybody in ISA. As most of the people there were... "eager" to fight "for equality". That he considered just as the intolerance towards non-interdependants. There were also a lot of Taeil "friends" from school there.

But as the things around and in Deagu was getting quite aggravated and intensive... ISA started a quiet campaign that anybody that wants to join them and "protect" interdependants can do that. And indeed there were hundreds of couples that wanted to be part of it. They weren't employees or "agents" of ISA. They were simply the volunteered troops that could be called anytime if there was a need.

That's how Yoongi met San and Wooyoung. 

Yoongi noticed them during the Samhain drama. ISA was everywhere. As well as the people that were attacking interdependents' houses, setting interdependants' properties on fire.