Chapter 14: 2064 - Heart that was Shut

2nd of March 2064...

...was the day Yoongi's world collapsed.

7 days before his 18 birthday.

10 days after his High School Graduation.

Ordinary day. Sunday to be precise...

Ordinary day he started with a bowl of cereal and a glass of orange juice, reading the text from his mom, that his parents were boarding the plane.

Ordinary day which he spent happily filling all the papers needed for Uni, after getting info from Kim Namjoon that his application was accepted.

Ordinary day on which he got a surprise e-mail from Jeon Hoseok, who had sent him all the suggested dormitories or flats to rent, casually inviting him to his home, in case he would need more time to think about the place he wants to live from now on...

Ordinary day on which he had tuned his guitars and he was wondering if he should organize transportation from all his studio equipment. As he and his sister were spoiled by love, not by money, he hesitantly texted his father about it, and got a text in return:

"Jeez, Yoongs! Just order everything new and send me the bill. What the hell will you be doing during holidays if you will take everything from home? It feels as if you are planning to never come back! Don't make me cry!"

Ordinary day on which he rolled his eyes at his sister more then once and laughed at her pouting, sulking figure when she tried to hide his notes, thinking it would stop him from leaving Daegu.

Ordinary day on which he got shy and irritated when Gahyeon was teasing him, finding out his lyrics about destiny, asking if he had a crush on someone.

Ordinary day on which he signed up for the driving course in Seoul wanting to start it as soon as possible. His father taught him how to drive, yeah, but he still needed the course to get the license...

Ordinary day on which he stormed the kitchen, and casually helped the old caretaker of the Mins' household, who was their nanny when they were infants, to prepare the dinner for their parents.

Just an ordinary day...

So...

Why...?

Why was Taeil - standing in front of him, in the middle of the fucking kitchen, with tears streaming down his face, sobbing loudly - talking bullshit like that?

40 minutes ago he got a text from his father that they landed safely and were heading home... 

'Y-yo-ongs... I-I a-am s-sooo... soorryyy...'

Yoongi pushed him to the wall.

'SHUT UP!!!' he yelled. 'HOW FUCKED UP YOU CAN BE TO SAY THINGS LIKE THAT?!'

' 'M s-oor-ry... Yoongi... They...'

'SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!' Yoongi pulled his phone from his pocket and dialed a number.

"The number you are trying to reach is currently not available"

Yoongi stubbornly tried again and again, but each time he was answered by the emotionless, mechanical voice.

He dialed his mother's number, with the same effect.

'A-aunt Handongie is... in the hospital...' Taeil cried out. 'B-but... u-uncle... h-he...'

'Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut uuuuuuuuuup!!!!!!!' Yoongi punched him, when someone ran to the kitchen and embraced him from behind.

His arms were immobilized, when kicking and jerking off he tried to free himself.