Chapter 36: Soul Healing

4th of November 2067, (374 days since the outbreak of war), Daejeon

As soon as Red String and Red Alert left Daegu, Baekhyun and Chanyeol destroyed all the tracking devices in the cars, so nobody could track them.

Yoohyeon called her father through one of the safe phones and calmed him down when they left the city. 

He said to the rest through Baekhyun's mindlink to everyone:

'Auntie Lisa and the rest are waiting for us.'

'We will be there in an hour.' Hoseok said.

Kai and Jennie, until they moved to Seoul, were part of Pink Alert. They still sometimes were helping the rest when they were needed. Pink Alert was rescuing the environment and animals all over the world. Their job was a peaceful one. They were not involved in conflicts. But it was also meaningful as all Interdependants loved nature and was connected to it.

'How are they?' Taehyung asked.

'No changes. Thanks to all gods, their state didn't worsen after moving them...' Siyeon said. She and Yoohyeon were constantly checking Namjoon and Jin's state.

They reached Daejeon at noon. They stopped in front of the animal clinic connected to the house with a big garden where dogs were happily barking seeing them.

A man ran out of the house, opened the gate to the backyard and waved at them to drive in. 

As fast as they were hidden from the strangers' eyes, Jungkook and Yeonjun dispersed the shadows and lights around the cars.

A tall man with a bit longer, curly hair walked fast to the van.

Everybody went out of the cars, surrounding him.

Siyeon opened the backdoors of the van...

He glanced at two unconscious bodies inside and cursed:

'Lisa! We need stretchers! We can't move them as we planned!' he called out and a young woman fastly ran from the house through backdoors. 'Yoohyeonie... get out, I need to check Namjoon.'

Yoohyeon and Siyeon get out of the van.

'Who is he?' Soobin whispered to Yoohyeon.

'Uncle Bogum. Aunty Lisa's husband... And these are Aunt Rose, Jisoo and Lisa...' she pointed with her head to three women, who walked out of the house, pushing two stretchers.

Bogum went inside the van.

'He is unsealed?' he said, surprised and terrified. 'And yet he isn't healing?'

Lisa got inside too, she put her hands over Jin's head.

'Brain damage... Jin is in a coma... My power won't be enough to heal him...'

Jungkook felt a light brush of cold fingers over his palm. He looked at Taehyung. He was barely holding up. But he was.

'Only Namjoon can do that then...' Bogum stated. 'We have to try with him first...'

They slowly moved Namjoon to the stretchers and Chanyeol and Hoseok walked with them to the house guided by Lisa.

'I need to remove the ice.' Yoohyeon said to Bogum, who nodded. He helped Baekhyun to put Jin on the other stretchers.

Jungkook and Taehyung walked after them to the part of the house that was made as an animal clinic. They put them on surgery tables.

Minji rubbed Taehyung's back.

'Stay here boys...' she said. 'We will do something with cars...'

Others walk away in different directions. The doors closed leaving Bogum and Lisa inside. Only Taehyung and Jungkook stayed beside the doors in the corridor.