Chapter 27: 66' - Midsummer Night's Dream

Seoul, March 2066

Jungkook woke up, feeling the painful dryness of his throat. Stinging pain in his eyes. He felt too hot. Did he sleep in his hoodie?

He opened his eyes. The room was dark. He felt the steady breath on his nape. Then his clouded mind registered the arms secring him tightly, to the point breathing was hard.

For a second he again felt the panic that absolutely won with his common sense few hours ago. The air caged in his lungs, so he tried to inhale it desperately. The arm around his chest instinctively pulled him closer.

'Calm down.' he heard a whisper.

Counterintuitively, the tightness around his chest helped him catch a deep breath instead of stopping it. 

He repeated in his mind everything that happened and sighed heavily.

'That's the praise for being a hot headed dumbass...' he sulked. 'I always end up apologising...'

'Because I'm smarter. Older. And composed.'

'And prettier...'

'Absolutely not.'

'Yes.'

'No.'

'Yes.'

'No.' Taehyung said and cut the bickering. 'There is really something you should apologise for.'

Jungkook gulped. And shut his eyes.

So he didn't imagine it... He was hoping it was just a creepy, made up by his overly emotional mind, moment.

He slapped Taehyung.

'I'm so sorry...' he whispered, swallowing hard.

'Look at me.'

Jungkook shook his head, ashamed. How could he look Taehyung in the eyes now?

'I should never have hit you...' he said with a trembling voice.

Before he could understand what's going on he was under Taehyung. 

Taehyung had his hands placed on both sides of his head. His soft locks fell on his forehead. Jungkook's legs and hips were blocked by his weight.

'I told you to look at me,' he said harshly.

Jungkook with widely spread eyes couldn't do anything else. Taehyung's gaze was dark. His face was pale. A bit of redness was visible on his cheek.

Jungkook with a painful expression touched the red mark on his cheek, with his fingertips.

'I'm sorry...' he whispered again.

'I don't need your apology for that! I'm fucking mad you hadn't told me you had more dreams!'

'I... I hadn't...' Jungkook gulped. 'I swear Taehyung... I had not.'

'Then why? Why did you say you lost me too many times?!' there was fear in Taehyung's voice. Under layers of anger. There was fear...

Jungkook understood.

Taehyung couldn't stop thinking about the reverse question. How many times had he lost Jungkook?

'I wasn't dreaming...' he whispered. His thumb soothingly caressed Taehyung's cheek bone. 'These are just excerpts. Like frames cut from different movies. Seconds of images that cannot be understood...'

'But you feel them.'

'Too less to be hurt by it. But enough to connect and comprehend...'

Jungkook slightly tilted his head, seeing Taehyung's unreadable expression. He calmingly brushed the bangs from Taehyung's forehead.