Chapter 64: Fall

17th of November 2071, Daegu

Daegu was surrounded by military and law enforcement. Yongguk was looking at the dark dome spread beside the wall, surrounding it for another miles. The eternal night was hanging over Yeongcheon, Gyeongsan, Chengdu, Gunvi and Chilgok. It didn't cover only the land of the Republic of Daegu. It spread over Sengju, Goryeong as well.

The sun hadn't reached here and it was already afternoon

The sun hadn't reached here and it was already afternoon. In his entire life he had never seen something like that. Nor had he ever read about something even mildly similar...

The dome at first glance was made from shadows - grey, dark grey, black - which were moving like a liquid, but if it was touched (and there were idiots, who tried to touch it) it was like made out of glass.

He sent some MOI's officers to check it. After it was hit with any kind of power it was becoming hard as steel and everything was bouncing back from it.

'Mr General... I don't think it will help... Again.' he said, trying not to roll his eyes.

'Previously we used missiles with smaller hitting power...'

'And the dome spread another 50 metres...' Yongguk reminded him.

'We have to try... There is a whole city of people under the control of one maniac with an army...'

'I don't think he has an army on his side...'

'How so?' General looked dumbfounded. 'He is in charge.'

'It doesn't mean interdependants will listen to him, seeing what he is doing... They are not regular soldiers under the threat of a field court...'

'You mean... THIS IS THE DOING OF ONE MAN!?'

'Basically.' Yongguk sighed.

'So taking him down will destroy the whole problem...'

'He is the problem. Yes. Taking him down? It is out of your reach, sir...'

'Will your man deal with him?'

Yongguk shook his head.

'They can help with everything else...'

'That's just more reason to try everything we have! Prepare the bombs!' he said to his assistant.

Yongguk didn't have the energy to explain to him again that they will just waste equipment. Every unit from Korea was here, including Pink Alert. But they still couldn't do anything till Namjoon came here.

He couldn't help but roll his eyes, when the order was screamed and few minutes later four jets aimed at the dome. Of course nothing happened. The dome swallowed the missiles and dispersed them as if it was from plastic.

Just that a second later as if it was feeded it spread for another 50 metres forward...

Jungkook and Taehyung.